DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently planning to build a ported enclosure for a Sundown e15 500w sub. I have closely matched the volume of 3.25 cubic feet and port area of 52 square inches, but I'm not sure if the shallowness of my current design is going to severely limit the performance. I don't have much room in my Hyundai Elantra trunk and this design will be the best for the space in my opinion. Thanks!

3D Viewer

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you’ve got the right airspace after sub displacement, have enough clearance behind the sub (more important if it’s a vented pole), and your ports are right, and not starting right behind the sub, I think you should be good.

But I’m Defo not an expert, just based on what I’ve read in the past.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm currently planning to build a ported enclosure for a Sundown e15 500w sub. I have closely matched the volume of 3.25 cubic feet and port area of 52 square inches, but I'm not sure if the shallowness of my current design is going to severely limit the performance. I don't have much room in my Hyundai Elantra trunk and this design will be the best for the space in my opinion. Thanks!

3D Viewer

View attachment 300185
I think you will be fine. But especially if your enclosure is wide and tall (has a lot of flat surface area) be sure to put a couple braces between the top and bottom to prevent flex. Looking at your design here, I'd put a small brace as close as I could, on both sides of the sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts