DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to find a head unit fitting a specific criteria. The system will be an SQ oriented system in a hatchback car with a single amp, 1 12" sub in a sealed enclosure, and a 2 way component set. Very simple. As for the head unit, I would like to have DVD playback capability this time around, and I need to be able to use either SD cards or thumb drives to store music. Larger capacity drive capability is a huge benefit. Additionally, I need the head unit to be able to support .wav format. I have never shopped for DVD capable units before, so I'm really not sure what's out there, let alone what will integrate well into my system. A friend has a car with a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD that I played around with a bit, and it really made me want to go the DVD route this time. That unit doesn't have the features I need, though.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I want my cake,.. with strawberry frosting... only white & pink spinkles ... oh & its got to have a red velvet center....

lol... man I am giving you ****... but DAMN could you ask for more?

you aren't going to find a spoon fed "this is the unit".. especially with this group... <grin>

you just need to search the various car audio websites & figure it out....

sorry man.. not a remotely easy set of shoes to fill

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having a very specific set of criteria should make it easier. Saying "I need a head unit that plays CD's" would merit that kind of a response. And last time I checked, specs are on manufacturer web sites, but personal opinions aren't. Having a car audio forum that doesn't want to discuss car audio equipment seems like a bit of a paradox.

·
Registered
6 Posts
seriously man... just go out there and look at stuff.... there is a lot **** out there , you just need to find out for yourself ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts