DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

Registered
Once again millennial here .... I care about other ppl. I interact and socialize daily with co-workers and random people in the public. I'll buy that bum a beer, ill hold the door open for the next person, I even use my blinkers when changing lanes. I do it cuz I care.

Only time I have ear buds in is at work and I only wear 1 just incase some one speakes to me. And to not to bother the next guy with the sounds of my movie or TV shows. Like Granite said, I'm not trying to be rude.

Cant speak for the zillenials though. I own 2 zillenials and they always have their headphones on and I constantly have to slap them over the head for them to listen.
You don't count, you're a parent.
That last paragraph is exactly what I'm talking about. What I said was a generalization about a group mostly acts like that.

Reactions: ItsonlyaHONDA

Registered
ISome of the laziest when it comes to work though - holy sh1t are they lazy! And horribly entitled.
That is a massive generalization!
You guys know damn well I didn't mean that they don't care about others, they just don't care if their music bothers others. They don't wear headphones to avoid bothering others, they wear them to avoid others. Context is important.

Reactions: stonekutta

Registered
The generation that has made EDM and D&B music mainstream isn鈥檛 interested in bass and aftermarket audio? LOL wake up.

The difference here is they have the Internet, and all the stupid questions we asked at their age are now cataloged for them to consume in a few minutes. They can buy brands off Amazon and have them installed without ever consulting you for advice.

The industry as you once remember it, install bays at circuit city, niche brick and mortar shops, dozens of brands competing in weekend sound-offs is clearly dead. OEM stereos decimated the 鈥渆ntry level鈥 aftermarket industry鈥ut not really鈥ftermarket brands just made deals with auto manufacturers and instead of selling a few thousand speakers, they make a few hundred thousand speakers and let the manufacturers install them for customers. You can get Alpine in your Jeep, Rockford in your Subaru, JBL in your Ford, etc.

However, the high end market likely hasn鈥檛 changed all that much in the last 20 years. If anything, I bet manufacturers sell MORE top shelf products. They just aren鈥檛 going through brick and mortar stores anymore. Shops that cater to high end customers survived, rich people still want their white glove service for their brand new sports and luxury vehicles. Crutchfield has also survived and expanded鈥鈥檇 love to see their stats on the industry鈥ut they still remain a private company. When we see them go public or sell out, that鈥檚 when we know the industry is dead.

As for this particular buy out, I think it鈥檚 just one business person cashing out. XS might be able to use some of the patents to produce SD designs in larger volume, but I鈥檓 guessing we鈥檒l just see a mix mash of rebranded products over the next few years, increased volume, and decreased quality. Time to move on if SD was your hidden gem.

Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
The generation that has made EDM and D&B music mainstream isn鈥檛 interested in bass and aftermarket audio? LOL wake up.

My wife loves EDM (I dont know what D&B is). Her EDM has some of the sickest bass I've ever heard. Midbass hits hard and bass digs really low with rome really nice sounding bass rolls. The bass in more elaborate that most rap. I mainly listen to rap so, 馃し馃徑鈥嶁檪锔.She's not interested in car audio though so your right about that.

Registered
2005 mustang, v6
Jeans Leg Comfort Human Interior design

Font Slope Magenta Art Rectangle

馃槅馃槅馃槅

Registered
1987 Chevy Monte carlo LS
My wife loves EDM (I dont know what D&B is). Her EDM has some of the sickest bass I've ever heard. Midbass hits hard and bass digs really low with rome really nice sounding bass rolls. The bass in more elaborate that most rap. I mainly listen to rap so, 馃し馃徑鈥嶁檪锔.She's not interested in car audio though so your right about that.
Drum and Bass

Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
Who ever made the gen x meme is probly an in denial millennial. Lol born between 81-85 is still a millennial. We have one at my job and he swears he's not a millennial, And gets angry when I call him a millennial. Lol

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

Registered
The generation that has made EDM and D&B music mainstream
When has DnB become mainstream? I've been listening to that since the 90's and haven't seen any of it mainstream other than the Liquicity YT channel.

The difference here is they have the Internet, and all the stupid questions we asked at their age are now cataloged for them to consume in a few minutes.
True, but this is a double edged sword with all the fake news and misinformation out there. It boils my blood when I hear somebody trying to say something that's completely bogus and when you ask them where they heard it, you get "well, I read it on facebook".

Registered
Who ever made the gen x meme is probly an in denial millennial. Lol born between 81-85 is still a millennial. We have one at my job and he swears he's not a millennial, And gets angry when I call him a millennial. Lol

View attachment 356077
Ha, I didn't even notice that ...probably because I'm practically a Boomer. :LOL:

Registered
RE: DnB, Not necessarily mainstream, but the influence is there. My point being, kids today still like loud music, it just isn't your (or my) music. I don't want to get into fake news discussion, yes for every right answer there are plenty of wrong answers, but for most DIYers, YouTube has a video on how to take apart their car and install a set of speakers or hook up an amp. We had to learn by prying and breaking clips. It helps that modern cars come apart much easier. I had to remove the entire dash on my '83 Chrysler to install speakers and there was no Crutchfield instruction sheet back then, I just started removing screws until it came out.

My wife and I are between the prescribed "generation" labels and its pretty obvious we don't really mesh with either. My older sister is 100% every gen-x meme, my younger sister is most of the millenial memes to a point. Then there's me: I know how to program a VCR and convert a PDF to MSWORD!

Registered
2005 mustang, v6
I get told i was born outside of my era.

I'm 33yrs old talking about "those damn kids" in their mid to late 20's.....
I yell at my dad sometimes for raising me oldschool plowboy aka a "real man" because most of my friends are late 30's or older and i have almost nothing in common with people in my age group.
I tell them to shut up with their whining about a papercut because i am tough enough to super glue/butterfly/gauze/ductape a hand wound from a knife fight.....and then go to work the next day..........

Damn kids with their tiktak, bookface, instantgram and pumpkin spice....
馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
2005 mustang, v6
Over on allfordmustangs i'm helping a guy install his system -i did refer him to this forum too- its amazing the WRONG info all over the web even in this info-stuffed day and age.

I still screenshot/download/print out on actual paper my manuals, tech specs etc. Just something about having info in my hand so i can leave the dang phone on the bench hooked up to my stereo where it belongs

Registered
Back in '96 - '97 I had little more than library books from which to learn how to design and build my own off-grid home (with no background in any of that except some electrical).

It would be a lot easier to do all of that with the internet today.
I can confirm that. I had no prior home building knowledge aside from that which transfers over from car audio. Bought a house in 2019 that was originally built in 1910 and last updated in the '70s. YouTube and various internet sites helped me complete down-to-the-studs rennovations on two bathrooms, a kitchen, basement, and garage. I wasn't planning on doing the work myself, but getting help during the pandemic was tough and I wanted it done.

So this thread is about cultural disconnects, Walmart encyclopedia terms, and another Audio company being absorbed after overpricing everything for the last 3 years.
Pretty much.

Registered
So this thread is about cultural disconnects, Walmart encyclopedia terms, and another Audio company being absorbed after overpricing everything for the last 3 years.
Pretty much, except I don't think Sundown was overpricing stuff.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts