DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Damn. I may have to make this drive. 5ish hours for me. Was considering a SQL15 and a pair of TM65's.

Is there anything else going on at this event? Will there be any good SQ cars demoing? I'm sure there will be some extremely loud contraptions, with this being a Sundown event, but that's not really my thing. Don't have Facebook, so can't really read about it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Damn. I may have to make this drive. 5ish hours for me. Was considering a SQL15 and a pair of TM65's.

Is there anything else going on at this event? Will there be any good SQ cars demoing? I'm sure there will be some extremely loud contraptions, with this being a Sundown event, but that's not really my thing. Don't have Facebook, so can't really read about it.
I'm sure SQ will be representing but that show is likely to be dominated by the monster builds...and a bunch of stunt walls (which I hate) I love bass...what I don't love is 14 108 db midranges screeching yet another trash ass song in my ear.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Is there anything else going on at this event? Will there be any good SQ cars demoing?
The SQ area is outside the arena itself, away from the SPL guys. Last time I went there were a few of us, who knows how many are going tomorrow. I'll be there with Nick, look for the white Volvo wagon, as well as Nick's Audi if you decide to come out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, was certainly hoping to see Nick's Audi and would love to hear some good cars doing demos if possible. I actually haven't been to any kind of car audio event since the 90's. Yeah, I'm getting old. So I haven't heard anything great that I didn't install myself, and I've always been pretty budget limited. I'm currently in the planning and gathering phase of my next system, which will have my first 3 way front stage since the 90's, lol, and also will be fully active with dsp. So a little in person inspiration would be cool.

I will likely be making the drive. Hope there's a good food truck. :)

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,515 Posts
Yeah, was certainly hoping to see Nick's Audi and would love to hear some good cars doing demos if possible. I actually haven't been to any kind of car audio event since the 90's. Yeah, I'm getting old. So I haven't heard anything great that I didn't install myself, and I've always been pretty budget limited. I'm currently in the planning and gathering phase of my next system, which will have my first 3 way front stage since the 90's, lol, and also will be fully active with dsp. So a little in person inspiration would be cool.

I will likely be making the drive. Hope there's a good food truck. :)
You gotta go if you have not ever heard a active tuned system. What you thought sounded good back then to an active system is not even close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I've definitely heard lots of fully active cars as far as crossover goes. But modern implementations of dsp in car, not so much. I've even heard a couple great cars, but not in a long long time. One of the last cars I would call great sounding that I heard was Richard Clark's Buick GN. Those who know are now going, yeah.... He is old. Lol.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Sweet, look for the big red SI tent, think we're seeing it up a little closer to the arena.
Ask Nick why there are no manuals for his SIQ amps. :)

Oh and also have a great car audio day to everyone going today it should be fun, and hope to see lots of videos.

• Haha
Reactions: naiku

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did manage to score my SQL15 and the 6.5" midbass drivers for a great price, thanks to Nick. So the bottom 4 octaves or so should be well covered in my next install. Nick's Audi sounds extremely nice, and gets the air moving, too. ;) Unfortunately I didn't have much time to really check out the install. Crazy to see a car with a 24" sub that you could still take home a refrigerator in.

I had a 5hour drive home after, listening to a factory stereo. I was also seeing little station wagons everywhere I turned. Like they were mocking me. I won't look at little wagons the same anymore.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts