DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Im looking for something to fit under a back seat in a truck. I am looking for 2 10" woofers. I have .5 cu ft for each. I was originally thinking of the SD-2 but I ran into the Polk MM1040 at a local shop but I haven't heard either one.

What one should I go with?
Would the Polk have better SQ?
Would the SD-2 have more output?

thanks,

·
Registered
840 Posts
If the SD-2 10" is anything like the 8", i would go with that. Look for the reviews on year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seams everyone on here likes the Sundown's. How are they for sound quality? do they hit pretty hard? I will be going with the recommended sealed enclosure of .5 cu ft if I go with those.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I recently acquired a pair of Sundown SD-2 12's and have an under-seat enclosure build planned. I haven't had the time to start the fiberglass yet, but did build a test box to see what the Sundowns are like, and so far I am quite happy. I have one sub in a 1.1 cu. ft. sealed box wired at 2 ohms (~745w from a PPI Phantom 1000.1) and it has been playing mostly everything I put at it beautifully. The sub is capable of some serious excursion without audible motor noise. It has great impact for rock music, and other genres, with tight kickdrums. Dubstep and Rap sound good with nice, authoritative low notes that don't sound sloppy. So far I don't have any complaints, and haven't come across any online either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts