DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
This will probably be a killer driver for a tapped horn or vented box. Small sub + big power handling + big excursion = epic bass

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are 4 1/8" deep -- power handling rating is pending... but I will say the coil is about the same size in diameter and WW as our SA-8 v.2 woofer but with CCAW wire rather than copper. So it has some thermal heft to it.

The rating will be mechanically limited.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This looks perfect for replacing rear factory 6X9's for solid bass without any cutting (assuming you don't have cross members in the way of that fat magnet).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our life-test at the factory passed 300-watts RMS for 12-hours full bandwidth in a sealed box -- so I will probably rate it around that.

JUST got the e-mail in confirming that -- we'll also do our own tests.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jacob - what are your specs on these? They look beastly with the magnet nearly as large as the cone diameter! Will they run in a small sealed enclosure long term or do you recommend tuned & ported? I could easily see running a pair of them in my small cab Ford Ranger (one behind each seat) rather than a single sub on one side. There are speaker spaces there already, and while I stuck some kickers in there, they still leave a lot to be desired and I'd rather just have bass in the back. Very interesting. And I think I even have the amp that'll feed them nicely already just gathering dust in my garage. Any idea when they'll be ready for retail? I was literally thinking that I'd order my 8" next week when I get back home, so your timing was great if I'm going to seriously consider these as an option at this point since I haven't ordered yet.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
get these going, I need 4 for center console build, maybe even 6
Console setup was my first thought, as well.
My back-up plan involves adding a down-firing center 6-1/2, if I have problems achieving a good blend with my doors.
Originally figured I'd go with the W3, but this looks too good to pass up.
Higher power handing, more excursion capability, sure looks like a winner.
BEEF CAKE!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Console setup was my first thought, as well.
My back-up plan involves adding a down-firing center 6-1/2, if I have problems achieving a good blend with my doors.
Originally figured I'd go with the W3, but this looks too good to pass up.
Higher power handing, more excursion capability, sure looks like a winner.
BEEF CAKE!
I have the new 10w6v3 now downfiring and selling it and starting over

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.