DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an amp to put into my car. What I would like is a really small one I can put under my passenger seat. I want to run a set of components up front (Dyn 220) and a single 8" sub in the rear. So, I am guessing a >50wpc 4 channel.

Alpine PDX?
Arc Audio Mini?

What else is out there?

Thanks!

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Arc mini 125.4 would be my choice all day long and twice on Sunday. :) I've heard both the Arc's and the PDX amps and the Arc's are WAY ahead of the Alpine's IMHO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about a Linear Power compared to the new digital breed that is out now? They are pretty small and I might can get my hands on a 4x50.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
JL HD

How's the little fan on the Arc mini. Can it be heard if you mount it under a front seat?
I've never noticed any issues with fan noise from any of the mini's.

And yes, LP amps are AMAZING!! Don't get hung up on low wattage ratings. In the case of great amps like an LP, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Just my .02.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never noticed any issues with fan noise from any of the mini's.

And yes, LP amps are AMAZING!! Don't get hung up on low wattage ratings. In the case of great amps like an LP, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Just my .02.

Really? 25 wpc to Dynaudio components? I know Ray can hotrod these amps a bit, too.

Emilios at Dyn recommended TRU. He liked some of the ARC amps, but not the minis. Can't remember what all else he recommended, maybe particular Helix and Audison models. He said they should have headroom, but I don't think any of the ones he recommended were very small.

If I have to go to the front trunk, I might try to get a McIntosh.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hamilton, though my Porsche club is based out of Huntsville and I am up there at least once a month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts