DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 1/0 Kolossus, and I know of the Hyperflex. Are there any others that have the flaccid wire such as these? I need some cooked-noodle-floppy 4ga for something coming up, and I want to make sure I get exactly what I need at the best price ($1.40/ft is the best I see currently).

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Haris welco-flex, NOT standard rubber jacket welding cable. That stuff is goofy flexible.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have some Scosche 4 gauge that is very flexible (similar to Knu) since it is high strand. $1/ft + paypal+shipping. Both red and black.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
If you guys don't have experience with the Hyperflex, you've got another thing coming if you think the Kolossus wire is flexible. :D The Hyperflex is ridiculously flexible. I'm not joking when I say that an 8 awg strand of Hyperflex is more flexible than the 16 awg speaker wire I run in my car...and the 16 awg wire I run is pretty darn flexible.

If I didn't have all of that 4 awg wire laying around I wouldn't have hesitated to snag up a bunch of the Hyperflex. I first saw the Hyperflex along side Kicker's flexible wire at a local meet with Jacob from Sundown Audio and I've had a hard on for it ever since.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got some .5" pieces of solid copper you could spray rubberized coating on. They flex really nice and stay in the shapes you bend them too! ...that's what you mean by flexible right? ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you guys don't have experience with the Hyperflex, you've got another thing coming if you think the Kolossus wire is flexible. :D The Hyperflex is ridiculously flexible. I'm not joking when I say that an 8 awg strand of Hyperflex is more flexible than the 16 awg speaker wire I run in my car...and the 16 awg wire I run is pretty darn flexible.

If I didn't have all of that 4 awg wire laying around I wouldn't have hesitated to snag up a bunch of the Hyperflex. I first saw the Hyperflex along side Kicker's flexible wire at a local meet with Jacob from Sundown Audio and I've had a hard on for it ever since.
Nail on the head.....havent seen it or played with it....I'm a little new to all of this and the kolossus is the nicest i have run into, in my short audio life.....hard on? i guess this is some good stuff haha

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I believe Stinger and RF both make wires similar to Kicker and Knu in terms of flexibility and jacket appearance.

Although, the kicker wire is king in terms of copper count IMO. I haven't found a connecter that will accommodate kicker's 0awg w/o snipping away at the copper.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haris welco-flex, NOT standard rubber jacket welding cable. That stuff is goofy flexible.
Where can this be purchased? I have the original Kolossus. from Knu, but it isn't as flexible as the new stuff.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I have a hard time finding it on the webz then it popped up at a local welding supply place a block from work, and now they don't carry it anymore. They may be able to special order it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts