DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a replacement subwoofer for the OEM Mitsubishi Eclipse subwoofer enclosure. I believe its a 10'' Sub. The box is small. What is the most powerful Sub I can put in such a small box ???

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I had to guess I would say .3 cuft for the OEM enclosure based on some pics I looked at online. Maybe modifying the base and making a free air enclosure would expand your options.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sooooo I ended up going with a Dodge Charger SRT8 Factory enclosure I picked up on ebay for 86 bucks. and then I got a brand new 500wrms kicker solo baric to fit in it! 46L7T104 all for 266 bucks ! The shallow mount L7 is designed to mount in boxes as small as 0.4 Cubic feet ! Lets hope it fits in my Impreza!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Guess you made your decision, but I asked for that info as it may have suited using the Dayton HO 10" which is ideal for .3-.4 cu ft enclosures and 500-600 watts.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'll second the Dayton HO... that's the only one that came to mind actually.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't get any info on the factory Mitsubishi subwoofers other than they are 75w. There was NO enclosure volume available. It looked way too small.

Its good to know those dayton subs are decent. It was definitely a contender :)

Right now I'm figuring out how to modify the box to fit my trunk so the trunk can close!

Would you guys recommend just using fiberglass to modify the plastic box with?? 1587160997522.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts