DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of HAT C6 Mids & noticed on one of the Mid(woofers), about .75" of the surround had come up:( Luckily, I only paid $70 for the set, but I am still bummed.

He said he bought them less than a year ago on this forum from a guy out of California. He bought them "Authorized" so I am hoping HAT offers some type of Warranty.

I "Google" HAT & called the first number that appeared on the screen. A Woman answered & I began telling her my "surround dilemma." She told me to use Super Glue:eek: .....

BTW, anyone know a good set of Tweets to match these guys with?:)

Starting X-Over Points should be:

Mid: 60 hz to 5k hz
Tweeter: 5k +

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Common issue from what I've seen, my old ones did the same thing. I used superglue to fix mine. Never had an issue again.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I PM'd Scott. I am hoping HAT offers some type of Warranty over their Products & I assume if they do, it should be at least 1 Year.

I thought "Super Glue" would eat away at the surround. Also, if I did use Super Glue, I don't think I would ever be able to "Re-Due" the Surround because I'd think that Super Glue would F$^% it up so bad meaning half the surround would be sticking on the basket if I tried to to seperate

Thanks

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ I mean, if I would have Super-Glued that .75" portion of the Surround & in the future I would have to Re-Glue the whole surround, I figured that .75" Super-Glued Portion wouldn't come up easy, meaning half the surround would probably be left on the basket & basically messing the whole thing up.

-If HAT offers no warranty, I want to make sure that I can repair it more than once If I have to.

They won't be going in until Spring anyways. BTW, anyone know what they usually sell "used" for? I believe the Hybrid Audio Tech. C6 Mids go for 300 MSRP/Retail right?

I struggled finding some Prices to go off of.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ I still can't believe if I'd ever have to "Re-Glue" the whole surround that the "Super-Glued" portion would come off nicely like the rest of the surround, but I don't know much, ha:)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I PM'd Scott. I am hoping HAT offers some type of Warranty over their Products & I assume if they do, it should be at least 1 Year.

I thought "Super Glue" would eat away at the surround. Also, if I did use Super Glue, I don't think I would ever be able to "Re-Due" the Surround because I'd think that Super Glue would F$^% it up so bad meaning half the surround would be sticking on the basket if I tried to to seperate

Thanks
Email Hybrid Audio, better way to get in touch with Scott...He doesn't PM.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You would need the original purchase invoice and he buyer to send in.
Did you not read the fact the Scott himself told me to use rubberized CA glue to repair a
Surround?

Copied from Clarus manual
Hybrid Audio Technologies extends a limited one year warranty to the original purchaser, certifying that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and proper use for one year from the date of purchase.
Hybrid Audio Technologies’ responsibility under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing, at Hybrid Audio Technologies’ option, products or parts determined by Hybrid Audio Technologies to be defective either in materials, or workmanship. To attain warranty service, the customer must deliver the product or the defective part(s), appropriately packed with proof of purchase date, to an authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies dealer. In the event that a direct return from a consumer is required, the consumer must obtain from Hybrid Audio Technologies a return authorization number, and ship the defective product directly to Hybrid Audio Technologies. All shipping expenses are the customer’s responsibility. If the product has been updated or superseded, a replacement will be made with a current model of the same quality and function. Warranty of the replacement parts is limited to 90 days or the unexpired portion of the warranty period of the product on which the parts are being used, whichever is longer.
This warranty does not cover any defects or costs caused by: (1) modification, alteration, repair or service of this product by any persons or company other than Hybrid Audio Technologies; (2) physical abuse to, overload of, or misuse of, the product or operation thereof in a manner inconsistent with the use indicated in the instructions; (3) any use of the product other than that for which it was intended; or (4) shipment of the product to Hybrid Audio Technologies for service. This warranty does not cover labor costs.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ The "Original Owner" is calling me tonight on details. If A Warranty is still in tact, I'd rather have them sent in.

BTW, a Local shop installed everything & tuned everything : Rockin Ronnies In Kato, Mn

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
I am pretty close to a friend on here that works at 3M. I think they make adhesives specifically for speakers. He's a valuable member here and he's got an "in" at 3M. It may be cheaper than buying superglue. Need his info?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am pretty close to a friend on here that works at 3M. I think they make adhesives specifically for speakers. He's a valuable member here and he's got an "in" at 3M. It may be cheaper than buying superglue. Need his info?
Superglue is about $3.00 how much cheaper do you want it to be?lol

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Superglue is about $3.00 how much cheaper do you want it to be?lol
Well this friend of mine has some really good connections with 3M. He could probably get superglue for FREE. :eek:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Scott has, on more than one occasion, hooked up members here.

You would need the original purchase invoice and he buyer to send in.
Did you not read the fact the Scott himself told me to use rubberized CA glue to repair a
Surround?

Copied from Clarus manual
Hybrid Audio Technologies extends a limited one year warranty to the original purchaser, certifying that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and proper use for one year from the date of purchase.
Hybrid Audio Technologies’ responsibility under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing, at Hybrid Audio Technologies’ option, products or parts determined by Hybrid Audio Technologies to be defective either in materials, or workmanship. To attain warranty service, the customer must deliver the product or the defective part(s), appropriately packed with proof of purchase date, to an authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies dealer. In the event that a direct return from a consumer is required, the consumer must obtain from Hybrid Audio Technologies a return authorization number, and ship the defective product directly to Hybrid Audio Technologies. All shipping expenses are the customer’s responsibility. If the product has been updated or superseded, a replacement will be made with a current model of the same quality and function. Warranty of the replacement parts is limited to 90 days or the unexpired portion of the warranty period of the product on which the parts are being used, whichever is longer.
This warranty does not cover any defects or costs caused by: (1) modification, alteration, repair or service of this product by any persons or company other than Hybrid Audio Technologies; (2) physical abuse to, overload of, or misuse of, the product or operation thereof in a manner inconsistent with the use indicated in the instructions; (3) any use of the product other than that for which it was intended; or (4) shipment of the product to Hybrid Audio Technologies for service. This warranty does not cover labor costs.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I actually picked up Some Adhesive this morning while I dropped in for my Review at Work (3M)

Thankyou!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts