DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe I am just up too late, but I want to try two of these badly. Its amazing how cheap gear is these days compared to the 90/00's. If I am reading this right, 25mm one way, really good venting around the basket and motor, high power handling, OK fs (32hz), and big ass motor FOR $121 (that also looks like a sundown frame). The 15" is 126 right now. What the hell man. I love my expensive stuff, but I also get a kick out of cheap gear. I am going to try a pair in a larger sealed box for kicks.

Amazon.com: WLLDSE 12 inch 3600 Watt Peak Momentary Power Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer, Black : Electronics

My favorite quote from the specs, lol:

"
  • POWERFUL: There is quite large space between the horn bowl and the copper voice coil, which ensures the explosive power of the bass
"

· Registered
645 Posts
Ok, maybe I am just up too late, but I want to try two of these badly. Its amazing how cheap gear is these days compared to the 90/00's. If I am reading this right, 25mm one way, really good venting around the basket and motor, high power handling, OK fs (32hz), and big ass motor FOR $121 (that also looks like a sundown frame). The 15" is 126 right now. What the hell man. I love my expensive stuff, but I also get a kick out of cheap gear. I am going to try a pair in a larger sealed box for kicks.

Amazon.com: WLLDSE 12 inch 3600 Watt Peak Momentary Power Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer, Black : Electronics

My favorite quote from the specs, lol:

"
  • POWERFUL: There is quite large space between the horn bowl and the copper voice coil, which ensures the explosive power of the bass
"
lol..."horn bowl"

· Registered
2005 mustang, v6
917 Posts
Don't forget...
Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,376 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
If you like living life dangerously, order them right from the source. You can even get 24's

If you start looking closely at speakers on Alibaba you start to notice suspiciously similar "SQ" brands on there. I was going to start a thread making a game of it, but didn't want people to get mad thinking they might have paid 10x's the money for a fancy box. :) Realistically though, they probably only look the same, who knows if the build quality is the same.

· Registered
2,668 Posts
If you like living life dangerously, order them right from the source. You can even get 24's

If you start looking closely at speakers on Alibaba you start to notice suspiciously similar "SQ" brands on there. I was going to start a thread making a game of it, but didn't want people to get mad thinking they might have paid 10x's the money for a fancy box. :) Realistically though, they probably only look the same, who knows if the built quality is the same.
we had a similar thread a few months back and the result was a few high profile members leaving or asking to get banned from forum. I believe in that thread, someone pointed out a few "buildhouses" that have very similar subs going to what looks like several manufactures and yes, a few feathers were ruffled. People can chime in but I believe some companies are designing, have patents on tech and build subs or have them built to their specs. Basically make from ground up. I think some companies on their lower lines or some companies in general dont have the funds, experience, or scale to build product from scratch so they go the build house route. Maybe a tweak here or there and place their label and go on about their business.

Speakers, amps, processors if we look hard enough at multiple product you notice this is going on and always has in the manufacturing of product. A few years back I bought a larger TV. I was looking at several brands I recognized and the store had one tv I just had not heard of the name. The sales guy confirmed who makes it and was the house brand of a main name. Basically built in the same plant, same assembly line and different name plates stuck on them. I also believe my house brand was given a longer warranty

· Registered
2,668 Posts
we had a similar thread a few months back and the result was a few high profile members leaving or asking to get banned from forum. I believe in that thread, someone pointed out a few "buildhouses" that have very similar subs going to what looks like several manufactures and yes, a few feathers were ruffled. People can chime in but I believe some companies are designing, have patents on tech and build subs or have them built to their specs. Basically make from ground up. I think some companies on their lower lines or some companies in general dont have the funds, experience, or scale to build product from scratch so they go the build house route. Maybe a tweak here or there and place their label and go on about their business.

Speakers, amps, processors if we look hard enough at multiple product you notice this is going on and always has in the manufacturing of product. A few years back I bought a larger TV. I was looking at several brands I recognized and the store had one tv I just had not heard of the name. The sales guy confirmed who makes it and was the house brand of a main name. Basically built in the same plant, same assembly line and different name plates stuck on them. I also believe my house brand was given a longer warranty
is this not the JBL stadium spare tire sub?

· Registered
63 Posts

· Registered
2,376 Posts
Man Makes SI’s glue jobs look amazing Mannn

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Between the bad carpet, three six mafia in the background, and terrible catch phrases. I already like this guy more than robot underground lol.

So basically, order 500 or more, start your own speaker company. I'm going to try at least one of these for kicks. Curious if it really weighs 38lbs.

· Registered
11,370 Posts
Between the bad carpet, three six mafia in the background, and terrible catch phrases. I already like this guy more than robot underground lol.

So basically, order 500 or more, start your own speaker company. I'm going to try at least one of these for kicks. Curious if it really weighs 38lbs.
i loved it when he said he was going to chitty chitty bang bang this bad boy. I was hooked !!

· Registered
2,376 Posts
i loved it when he said he was going to chitty chitty bang bang this bad boy. I was hooked !!
Same here, down the rabbit hole i go. Thanks mini!

@rimshot i agree. This is was better then hearing that pyscho ramble about the Jizz Lama over and over.

Reactions: rimshot

· Registered
2,376 Posts
FWIW, the one in the video looks very different from the Amazon one in the OP, which has a stamped basket and no pole or spider vents.
Good catch, Video looks to be 4 yrs old. Maybe they revised it to get that “explosive power of the bassssss”

1 - 20 of 128 Posts