DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
the Rear cabin vents usually vent out behind the bumper so its pretty well protected from the elements. your primary concern for that area is the area that transitions to the Bpillar. You can make an enclosure with the back wall portion around the cabin vent to insure that the vent is within the confines of the enclosure. You can see that the area actually extends up to the seat belt area.
What I do in my vehicles is cram as much insulation in to the rear quarter panel areas to help absorb as much noise etc...as possible. you can do that and it will dissipate bleed through into that area.

what you want to do is feasible, but the difficulty is that the whole back area looks like shared empty space from where the cabin vent is up to the seat belt. If you dont care about the rear seat belt, then eliminate it and seal the whole area off.
but having it stay functional is where this gets more complex.

Reactions: Se7en

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

This is in my wife's X3 which won Iasca Adv Amateur Class at Finals as well as the 3X Kick Off eveny plus Iasca and Meca Install Championships.
Sub vents through the cabin air vent outside behind the bumper.
It's a 1" birch baffle with Corian baffle on top to make it as dead and non-resonant mounting surface as possible.
Factory cover slides back in place for a 100% OEM appearance.
Every panel was recovered for a perfect match

1 - 2 of 2 Posts