DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Just wondering if you could answer a question for me. Why are single voice coil drivers suggested for sealed boxes and dual voice coil drivers suggested for vented?

Or doesn't it matter?

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking a Madisounds web site. I am going to purchase the XXLS 12. On their site they suggested either the sealed or the vented for the DVC version but only a sealed for the SVC. I didn't know if that was intended or just a suggestion but that is where my confusion came from.

My intention is to run a pair in a sealed enclosure. I haven't purchased the sub amp yet so I am trying to decide whether to run a monoblock style amp (class A or AB only) and run them in parrallel to get the load down to 2 ohms on an 8 ohm driver or....

Run a larger 2 channel, wire them independently with DVC drivers in parrallel, positives to positives and negatives to negatives, producing a 4 ohm load on each 8 ohm driver.

Any thoughts as to which is better monoblocks or big 2 channels?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.