DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm a bit torn as to what i should do so I hope y'all can help me better decide what to do.

The car is a 1996 mustang and the system consists of the following:
source=P99rs
Amps= zuki 6 channel 5w, and a RF 10001BD
Subs=2 alpine type r 12's in a sealed box
Tweeters=Scanspeak 6600 illuminators

Now what i need help with is should i go full 3 way with spz60 midbass and 13m midranges or should i do an active 2.5 with the 18w revelators?

If you help me i may have to buy you a beer

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
do what you like! I like mostly imported beer, but a good microbrew is nice too, lol.

seriously. I find that a nicely designed 2-way with sub (technically 3-way) has always given me the best results. less speakers = less complication. 1 less x-over point, 1 less speaker to worry about phase and T/A, less money, less install.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOOD CALL!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2 way setup is AMAZING, or 3 way with the Type R subs. The impact is frightening sometimes lol, earlier today when santana's "Migra" came on a damn near jumped out of my seat.

If you were local I would buy you a 6 pack of St Arnolds, Damn good brew

·
Registered
810 Posts
I know nothing about the products listed...... but I have to agree simpler the better has always meant better SQ to me.

I am doing the hertz mille 6.5 component set... & a morel ultimo sc sub.... if you want better sound on the low end I would look elsewhere for the sub.

& o yea.... I will be the difficult one..... I need a wheat free beer..... which also can't have any hopps or yeast. While I am listing no soy or whey either.... yea.... haven't had a beer for almost 20 years now :) Two week hangovers after 1 beer isn't fun

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omg 2 weeks for one beer? I would still be hung over from spring break.

I'm a little jealous on the ultimo, but the pair of alpine type r's do what I need them to and they still impress my friends.

But back to the beer, I could do gluten free beer made with sorghum, but without the hops it won't taste right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts