DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. i think that i may be the one that broke the search button. ;). I've searched a lot and have a few questions.

My vehicle is a 2004 Dodge Ram Single/Regular Cab.
(nothing has been installed yet)
This will be my first system ever and I am trying to do it right.
I go back to school the first of september so its crunch time to get it done.

I have a Pioneer Avic-d3 for the headunit
I also have the sub box that holds two twelves
A Kicker ZX750.1 Amp that was slated for sub duty.
And a Cadence TXA-3002 for the 6.5's in the doors.

I am in the process of buying a set of ID csx64 6.5 chameleon component set for the doors.

I am also trying to buy a pair of IDQ12 V2 with dual voice coils.

Questions:
I am undecided on what to do for the 3.5 speakers in the dash up-firing towards the windshield? Replace?

Can i run the single channel sub amp to power 2 subs? The subs need rms 350 watt each at 2 ohm. And the amp puts out 750 watt at 2 ohm into the one channel. So is this possible???

If so how do i wire them?

Thanks for any input guys, and if you have anything else to add fire away. - Matt

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If you are running components, Id scrap the dash speakers. thats what Im dong with mine. Youll probably have to put your tweeters in the sail panels. I couldnt fit them in the doors with my mids

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Whether or not to use the dash speakers is an entirely subjective call on your part.

If you have a pair of DVC subs that are each 2 ohms total with the coils in parallel, that means that you cannot wire them for the optimum configuration of your amp because you would end up wit either 1 or 8 ohms altogether.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the specs from one woofer:

Features:
Voice Coils: Dual 2 Ohm

RMS Power Handling: 350 Watts

I thought i could wire them(pair) in series/parell. Ultimately getting a RMS draw of 700 Watts at two ohm. Maybe i'm wrong.??:confused::shrug:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
This is the specs from one woofer:

Features:
Voice Coils: Dual 2 Ohm

RMS Power Handling: 350 Watts

I thought i could wire them(pair) in series/parell. Ultimately getting a RMS draw of 700 Watts at two ohm. Maybe i'm wrong.??:confused::shrug:
The subs do not "draw" any power. How much power does your amp put out into 2 ohms. thats what youll get. the subs can handle 350 each, but they dont "draw" any power

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a similar setup, I installed the mids in the doors and the tweeters in the dash where the 3.5" would be. Works great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, well i havent actually had it in there yet. But some quick measurements say it will fit. I hope it does, ha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts