DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before but searching for T/A brings up a ton of threads. I'm downgrading and will no longer have any T/A, so other than install, I'm wondering what some tips are to get a nice centered image? Thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
individual level/gain adjustments for EVERY speakers :)
or if you're doing 2way, then you can just use the balance on the HU for the tweets and have individual gains for the mids (bridge)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
individual level/gain adjustments for EVERY speakers :)
or if you're doing 2way, then you can just use the balance on the HU for the tweets and have individual gains for the mids (bridge)
I already have the enclosures for a 3-way so I think I'm just sticking with that. I'll be running the dayton RS225-4 8's, RS100-4 4's, and RS28A-4 tweets. I'll probably run an audio control 6xs and EQx as well as use the xover's on whichever amps I get.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So you downgraded and now you don't get t*ts and a*s? :D

Best thing to do without time alignment is get actual pathlength very close to symmetrical and as far from you as possible. In addition, use a high frequency driver that can get very low without distortion penalties. I've had incredible results with the NEO8 PDR, applying foam or felt to the top and bottom sections to alleviate the beaming caused by the long diaphragm. EQing the bottom end I've gotten solid response down to 400hz or so, yielding a very nice image.

I realize you have parts for a three-way but you could mate the NEO's up with your 8's and be done with it.

Just sayin'. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts