DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what point does a t-line turn into a large vented enclosure <or> at what point does your large port vented enclosure cross the threshold to being a t-line or needing to be designed as one? i have been doing some online research and noticed on one t-line thread i came cross "if your unable to achieve the length of port needed then half the port displacement and sq.in. to obtain the proper tune" would this not then turn it into a large ported enclosure? or at least in some cases? if so what do you do then to calculate and determine the proper enclosure area of the now by default vented enclosure? or would this be an issue of to much port area for a driver almost turning it into an IB of sorts. i've built 100's of boxes just never a t-line. my brain is telling me this shouldn't be a t-line anymore if the port length and sq.in. is devalued. like a single 10 is now running the port area (39 sq.in) normally required for roughly a 2.45 cu.ft box. so if i ran a 2.45 sq.ft. calculation into the RE box calculator (a program we all have access to) figuring on the sq.in. of port needed at 1/2 my original tune. my vented box is showing a port tune of 28. so in theory the tune is about 5hz lower then originally needed. which could hurt my upper end but that is what mid drivers where invented for. please school me or ask what i'm smoking if i have misunderstood something or not explained my thought process. it is a little late on christmas night. lol

NEUMAN

1 - 1 of 1 Posts