DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
I remember when these came out.
Don't remember the guy's name but he was a dB Drag Racing guy for years before starting T3.
They were blowing out those coaxs on eBay and others a few years ago for ~$10-$15 per pair but you had to buy a pallet.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Not to me, but if the Q wasn't so high they wouldn't appear like IB subs. I guess they just followed that latest trend and lost their butts behind it. The T1000 is just ughhhhh.... another high power, high xmax sub in the mix. Could be a good performer no doubt, but I'm about sick of extreme power subs. Just not practical with me coming from the heyday of car audio a couple of decades ago. :blush:

They're making all of them affordable of enough to play around with though.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
To be honest I wanted to try T3 when they first came out, but was turned off by their prices. Xmax seems impressive, but so was RE subs when they first appeared. One thing I've learned about long stroke subs.... linearity is not always a guarantee. Sometimes standard is better.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
I don't think they are quitting. Seems they are making subs for a few other companies right now.

Maybe just clearing out some old models for the new stuff???

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
:eek: That doesn't look too good! Even though I only read the first page on that thread it looks obvious they have ran into some problems before. Wasn't aware of that. Looks like the same situation that happened to ID???

·
Registered
33 Posts
For the price they are hard to pass up! Depending on the application they may get the job done just fine and with the price, there's no reason not to get two for extra output or isobaric experimentation. I wish i had a few extra bucks!

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Which ones and how did they perform? Wish I had a sedan then I'd try a few IB as they're cheap enough to play with. I might run some through bassbox this afternoon and see how they plot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts