DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power are you running to your 3" bamboo full ranges?

·
Registered
587 Posts
How much power are you running to your 3" bamboo full ranges?
As long as you cross them over higher than 350 Hz, between 50 and 100 should be plenty for reasonable listening levels. Note that its rated power handling of 15 watts continuous is full-range without any filters. Put some crossovers on them, power handling will be higher. Below 350 Hz, the 0.5 mm xmax starts to become a problem and would run less power to them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I thought this was the case. I don't have any experience with small diameter full range drivers and wanted to be sure prior to purchasing them.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I thought this was the case. I don't have any experience with small diameter full range drivers and wanted to be sure prior to purchasing them.
Widebanders are generally less sensitive and because of their beaming and off-axis properties based on their diameter, really need to be close to on-axis to be used without a tweeter. Be careful with widebanders that have large peaks at high frequencies, there is only so much you should ask of your EQ. I found the w3-1364sa to be excellent on-axis. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts