DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just stopping in to post a quick question:

Has anyone had much experience with these drivers and what are your impressions of them?

npdangs reviews didnt have any personal impressions of the drivers on them.

Im looking for speakers that not only have insane output but still stay clean.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm assuming you're asking about the 3" Tang Band's that he tested?

I'm really impressed by the Tang Band 3" full ranges but if you're looking for alot of output, these are definately not it. I tried a similar 3" in my car in a 3-way system and they quickly went into a home project for the simple reason of not enough output.

tangband home tower

As far as those TB-28 dome tweeters, I'm currently running them in the car right now and have been very impressed. Currently being crossed at 2 khz, very smooth sound, keep up with my Vifa 7"s nicely.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
crash813 said:
As far as those TB-28 dome tweeters, I'm currently running them in the car right now and have been very impressed. Currently being crossed at 2 khz, very smooth sound, keep up with my Vifa 7"s nicely.
Niiiice! Thanks! Sounds perfect for me.

-aaron

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey foley i'm not sure if this helps but i've got a TB W3-1231SH on the way to dang for measurements. The measurements of the 2 TB drivers dang measured are pretty ok i guess IMO, but nothing spectacular. At this point, the vifa trius appears to be the better driver. We'll see if this is still true when dang tests the 1231SH :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts