DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the tweeters broke where the terminal was. I tried taking it part, that was a task on its on. There was soo much glue holding it together. Turns out the grill is permanant :/ the terminals are attached to the grill and the leads and diaphragm are separate, and just soldered like that, which makes it Impossible to recone in this matter easily. I took off the back chamber cup to see what the big deal is on the patent. nothing fancy, jsut a chamber with a small hole. I read the patent on the uspto.org they said its a tline that goes into a chamber to lower the fs.

I took as many pics as necessary to show you the insides.

I am not upset at all, considering I won these tweeters. I got steven to order me the non xbl version of the Tang Band 25-1719s ceramic dome tweeters, I plan on using them if I like them as much as the XBL version.

to clarify, I did like the way these sounded, may not be worth the $200 but they werent cheap sounding to me either.

·
Registered
754 Posts
nice pictures, interesting.

I really like these tweeters. I bought them used and paid less than half of the $200. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
200bucks for those is really unbelievable to be honest...I mean ****..200 bucks for some tweets like that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts