DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
In terms of the size, how do they compare to the DLS'? Do they have a strong off-axis sweetspot? I'm very tempted to see how these would sound in kicks in place of my UR1's...

· Registered
60 Posts
My DLS Ir 1"s are much deeper than these and require a smaller opening. To install the TBIs you will probably have to make a wider opening.

I didn't experiment too much with angling as I already angled the tweets in my car. Moving my head around the car doesn't appear to make a huge difference so I'm guessing the dispersion is pretty uniform.

I believe I mentioned in the other review thread that I am now running my DLS Iridium 6.5 drivers for mids. They are a much better match and allow the subtle details of the TBI tweeters to shine through. My Hertz drivers were a little too harsh in the upper midrange which detracted from the quality of the TBIs. I'm very happy with the setup now and I haven't found any music that it can't handle.
Nice, I'm running the IR63 set active, and am looking for a little more sparkle on the high end. I don't want to cut up my kicks though...:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.