DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the price is for the TC2 8?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bobo said:
I emailed them about some prices and never got a return email. Have you tried email?
No but I am going to just call them right now...

This is what Heather quoted me 2 seconds ago:

TC2 8" single coil $189.60
dual coil $206.24

At those prices, I think I am going to stick with my original plan of ordering the Sound Splinter rli-8, which only runs for $138 (shipping out this month).

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
LOL man tc is rather costly when ordering by yourself

I sure miss the ones I had --they are sweet---but rather inefficient

if you get a group buy together Id be in :)

if you need some 8's ive got a pair of arc audio 8's D2 coils

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bobo said:
hhhmmm the 15" for $209. Anyone know if the SVC is 4 ohm? And anyone know what kinda power they like, box size, etc? (aren't these very similar to the top line Sound Splinter subs?)
Well I am wanting to run a single 8" sub, so the TC2+ only comes in 10s or higher, its the TC2 series that has the 8s. The Sound Splinter rli-8 is only $138 so that seems a better value. TC Sounds is the build house for the Sound Splinter subs, and whilst not an exact copy, they are very close in their design and materials used.

Hey NewTitan, you have a PM dude... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
578 Posts
AzGrower said:
TC2 8" single coil $189.60
dual coil $206.24

At those prices, I think I am going to stick with my original plan of ordering the Sound Splinter rli-8, which only runs for $138 (shipping out this month).
Wow!!! :eek:

At these prices... why are they still being considered, vs say a Peerless XLS 8?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it was down to the SS rli8 or a Crystal Mobile Comp 8". I wanted to try this sub in a folded horn design for my wife's ride. Looking to see what can be done with a smaller SPL type driver in the right designed box.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Anyone try these? They're pretty nice if you're not looking for alot of output under 60-80hz.

·
Registered
221 Posts
GMo said:
The SS RLp is the TC9.
Which is similar to the motor of the of the Stryke AVMKII
http://yellow.mynethost.com/~bv126368/shop/catalog/
Lil off topic, but what happened to Stryke? Thought I read they had problems stocking woofers, then heard they were changing their name and drivers all together.

They looked about like the best bang for the buck driver for awhile....anyone know what happened with them?

·
Registered
206 Posts
John changed the company to Acoustic Elegance.
He was designing and I thought implementing new LMT and Lambda based subs into his lineup, and then I think he ran into some complications where the cost of new driver components were too expensive for any bulk quantity, he had trouble finding investors, and his selling prices were too low for the long term.
Now their forum is shut down, and I believe acoustic visions is the only one who has their subs in stock.
Hopefully he'll find an investor and get his operation up and running again, because I really like their subs as well.
npdang said:
Anyone try these? They're pretty nice if you're not looking for alot of output under 60-80hz.
I've listened to a OAudio sub previous to their last "break" and I thought the O had pretty decent low bass.
Then again it wouldn't compare to something like a Dayton Titanic with it's low end, but it suits me well enough. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts