DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have given up on Ascendant Audio and all of their delays with the shipping of my AVA 12 drivers. I was very unhappy to find out that the larger drivers were shipping first. I am now interested in running a pair of TC2 drivers in my next install and woul like to know if anyone else on the forum would be interested in purchasing either a 10, a 12 or a 15 within the next month or so. If we buy 10 or more drivers at once we can get a decent discount off of the regular prices. Just wondering guys. Current prices for the TC2 from O audio is as follows:

# 10" SVC - $145
# 12" SVC - $159
# 12" DVC - $165
# 15" SVC - $209

more info can be seen here: http://www.oaudio.com/TC2_PLUS.html

If anybody knows where to get them even cheaper that this let me know, ive been looking around and remember these drivers used to sell for around 100 brand new on that ED supported site a while back, if i wouldhave only knew! Im thinking about running two 12. Let me know if you guys would be interested!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to see some interest! I am still waiting on a reply to my email from Oaudio but I know newtitans TC2 8's were single 2 ohm so we will see. I will keep you guys posted when I get a response!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Get prices for a greater amount of drivers sold if possible. Say 15 / 20 / 25+

I am a mod over at clubrsx in which we have a very active audio section that turns a page every day, in which I might be able to strike up some interest. Being that majority of people purchase in pairs, 20 drivers sold should be easily achievable assuming the price is good :D

Dave

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Anyone have any info on these subs, as far as reviews and whatnot. Prices look very tempting...would just like a very good review of them, as i've never heard of them before.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys here is the lowdown. I got a reply from Oaudio and here is what he said:

Tabari,

The Voice Coils are for 10, 12 and 15 inch TC2+ drivers are available in 4ohm single voice coils. The TC2+ 12 inch is also avaliable in dual 4 ohm voice coils as well. http://www.oaudio.com/TC2_PLUS.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Todd Oiesen
www.oaudio.com

and the other email:

Tabari,

The following discounts apply to each size TC2+:

qty

2 - 3%

3-10 - 5%

11-25 - 7.5%

25+ - 10%

http://www.oaudio.com/TC2_PLUS.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

This could seriously work out in our favor if we can get 11-25+ people on the list for these drivers! Please let me knowe if youre interested! My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I appreciate the effort nevertheless! I am awaiting another reply on some important lingering questions abut how this would work out. I usually get a reply in the evening and I will of course keep you posted!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 8" TC2's Newtitan had didnt come alive until they had 500 to each. I believe the same motor is used for the larger drivers? Someone please correct me if im wrong but I would reccommend around 400-600 rms on these in a small box SQ setup which is what I will be aiming for

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
by no means did they sound bad they were still linear sounding and smooth as hell it was just obvious they were being underpowered. (there was 300 watts going to each at the time) I suggested more power then 1100 watts later they got a good deal louder. Dont be discouraged! Lets see what NPdang thinks about feeding them that power amount, im sure he will chime in.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I suuuuree miss those 8's :)

I wish I had 4 of them right now

yeah I fed mine 300 first in 1 cu ft, they were cool, just not reaching xmax

but I had a special made versiosn that was also able to play up in the upper midbass/low midrange arena :) bought em off npdang

so I bumped it up to 1200w rms for the pair and they were moving to all heck , and were able to fill up my truck :)

there is something about the tc underhung that I just like for some reason

Ive heard some stuff, not everything

but the smooth, linear sound of the tc stuff really makes me want to go back :)

im in though

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updates with pics of the actual drivers that will be shipped!

I need to get email from ALL those truly interested so I can put you onto a list that I will be sending to Oaudio.com. The first step will be to reach 11 drivers sold so that we can all enjoy 7.5 percent off. I am already down for 2 12's so please, if you are interested please email me at [email protected] I will need this information:

Full Name, Address, Phone number, Email Address, Driver Type and Quantity.

Thank you all for looking!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id like to order 2 12"s tc+ dual 4's but, i dont know how much shipping will be. can you tell me, cuz depending on the discount i dont know if ill have the cash for shipping

1 - 20 of 28 Posts