DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading good things and seeing some high end builds using their RCA's, I got interested on their speaker wires.

Please, share your experiences.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
how much? you would be hard pressed to hear a difference, so if its price comparable to Knu or Monoprice go for it!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What cables did you choose for your build?

These tchernov seems to be great cables, but considering the point you mentioned and the price, it may not be a good choice for me. I have almost no SQ listening experience. This will be my first set.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
After reading good things and seeing some high end builds using their RCA's, I got interested on their speaker wires.

Please, share your experiences.
I have no experience with those, but as long as the laws of physics apply there will be no audible difference between two wires of the same size with a similar number of strands made of the same material. Although, those really fancy wires have the magical ability to considerably lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
LOL...or you can just use coat hangers wrapped with electrical tape!!!

Here is Roger Russell, lead engineer from McIntosh Sound Labs, explaining the results of testing coat hangers verus expensive speaker wire--

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no experience with those, but as long as the laws of physics apply there will be no audible difference between two wires of the same size with a similar number of strands made of the same material. Although, those really fancy wires have the magical ability to considerably lighten your wallet.
Best explanation! Lol

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I think the most important factors in speaker wire are the conductor material (ofc takes longer to corrode, pre-tinned is easier to solder), the number of strands, flexibility, and toughness, the last two are qualities of the insulation. I tend to look for spools of Monster Cable, because of consistency in their speaker wire construction, reputation, and price. But really, any halfway decent wire will do.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
637 Posts
I think the most important factors in speaker wire are the conductor material (ofc takes longer to corrode, pre-tinned is easier to solder), the number of strands, flexibility, and toughness, the last two are qualities of the insulation. I tend to look for spools of Monster Cable, because of consistency in their speaker wire construction, reputation, and price. But really, any halfway decent wire will do.
I was going to say something along these lines too.

I’d say anything that is verified to be OFC will most likely be fine.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
there are some important things with cables - copper purity, OFC, PCOCC, silver, silver tined, Inductance of the cable, crossection of the cable (AWG) and many more

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there are some important things with cables - copper purity, OFC, PCOCC, silver, silver tined, Inductance of the cable, crossection of the cable (AWG) and many more
Have you ever used Tchernov cables on your builds? It seems to be a high end product. What is your favorite brand of cables?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Have you ever used Tchernov cables on your builds? It seems to be a high end product. What is your favorite brand of cables?
No, I personally used them only once - Tchernov signal cable for SW, never used their speaker wire. A lot of friends are using Tchernov for signal cables, nice cables, but not so cheap.

In my system, Im using Kimber cable for signal, QED silver anniversary bi-wire for mids and tweets 4 x 1,8mm2, Dietz twisted and shielded for midbass 2 x 2,5mm2 and Esoteric audio 8mm2 for SW.
For signal cables option was also MAROHEI cables, but wasnt prepared to pay 2,5kUSD for 4 RCA cables for a car

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I am in doubt between the Knukonceptz krux or Karma SS and the Stinger PRO.
I used to use KnuKonceptz Karma wire, but I stopped using it because it's so hard to strip with that extra layer of insulation...

Reactions: Henrique Duarte
1 - 20 of 20 Posts