DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
New TDA version is available now.

APL TDA EQ measurement and equalizer synthesis software:

Uses Time Domain Analysis for an equalizer creation. The detailed equalization of TDA EQ is suitable for any critical loudspeaker applications, in particularl, studio monitors. Output *.fir files go to APL1 unit or APL EP1 VST plugin.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Alex have you tried the tda eq version? If I remember correctly Raimonds didn't recommend it for car audio use....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Alex have you tried the tda eq version? If I remember correctly Raimonds didn't recommend it for car audio use....
No, I have not. But idea to send EQ file directly to APL (including TA) is very attractive.

I would agree with Raimonds that the Workshop is more accurate and more powerfull for EQ task in a car, as you are not bend to the listening position as it is the case of TDA.

My experience is that it is rather difficult to achieve the same repeatibility with TDA compared to Workshop. If you use both - then you have all the necessary info to tune the car in the best way :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
It was fun to see how just 1ms can destroy the sound image. I made also some funny things, trying first to delayboth front channels against each other with 360cm (max possible in the present HU) and to see how they will play:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/Alexander_Souproun/Right 0cm_3D_zpsalw9jdpb.jpg?t=1451936064

Then by reducing the mutual delay I moved to the "image position" of the optimum. In my case (3way passive + sub in the trunk) this was achieved at 28cm (again - we are talking about very rugh adjustment, which accuracy is limited by HU).

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
New TDA version is available now.

APL TDA EQ measurement and equalizer synthesis software:

Uses Time Domain Analysis for an equalizer creation. The detailed equalization of TDA EQ is suitable for any critical loudspeaker applications, in particularl, studio monitors. Output *.fir files go to APL1 unit or APL EP1 VST plugin.
Sounds interesting!

I have done some more work with the APL/TDA system and will post it within a few days but I haven't seen the new update yet, hope Raimonds lets me play around with it :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
Some more pictures from the last tests with TDA:

Pic1. Mutual cancelling of the front channels (appr. 260, 460, 800, 1600Hz) and influence of the infrasonic filter.

Pic.2 - Best possible dfr for the present install (3way passive)

Pic.3 - 2D delay presentation

As one can see, cancellations on the first pic. are gone. Without infrasonic filter the sub became "closer" to the front. Sounds more tight and accurate.

Mutual cancelling and ultrasonic filter.jpg
dfr.jpg
2D.jpg

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ok gentlemen, I need help in figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I went to the apl/tda website, and decided I'd try the tda trial software.....so I was informed I needed to download some software, don't remember the name......version 2013 8.1mat play or sumthin.... and I followed the link and did that....then I downloaded the trial version of tda. The only evidence I see of tda on my computer is the installer program....I've installed a number of times yet still no tda on my computer that I can find.....ugh. Can someone please walk me through exactly what they've done to make this work on their computer? I hope so, I've read the directions on the tda site, and I'm obviously missing something. Please someone help this barely computer literate feller out!

·
Registered
530 Posts
In order to use TDA you need to download and install Mathworks Matlab compiler runtime (MCR) 2013a 8.1 according to your operating system type, Windows 32 or 64bit!

Please check what version of windows you have on your PC - 32 or 64. I have never had issues during installation of this program on XP.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ok....I did that windows 7 64 bit......I did this before I even downloaded the tda software. Anything I could be missing?

I did get a message saying the tda may not have installed correctly....mtry again with recommended settings....but still no good......ugh.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Tried uninstall then reinstall? Try starting the program as administrator.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
I usually have to run as Admin to get mine to work so definitely worth the try

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
No loopback required, a USB mic will work fine. The only thing you have do is to place the mic at the headrest then press "measure".

By Thor's Hammer! I must try it! Only I bet since my darn laptop sound card is a goner and won't output sound I'm screwed I bet.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
By Thor's Hammer! I must try it! Only I bet since my darn laptop sound card is a goner and won't output sound I'm screwed I bet.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
ya you need output from the laptop.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My goal with my new build is to produce a TDA plot that shows 0ms delay at all frequencies :p

Might sound impossible but I'd like to try, with properly implemented FIR processing, the low frequency group delay can be removed to a large degree...

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Ok gentlemen, I need help in figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I went to the apl/tda website, and decided I'd try the tda trial software.....so I was informed I needed to download some software, don't remember the name......version 2013 8.1mat play or sumthin.... and I followed the link and did that....then I downloaded the trial version of tda. The only evidence I see of tda on my computer is the installer program....I've installed a number of times yet still no tda on my computer that I can find.....ugh. Can someone please walk me through exactly what they've done to make this work on their computer? I hope so, I've read the directions on the tda site, and I'm obviously missing something. Please someone help this barely computer literate feller out!
Mine was doing the same thing, you need to extract the files from the zip, then just click on the little TDA icon like normal.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ok....I did that windows 7 64 bit......I did this before I even downloaded the tda software. Anything I could be missing?

I did get a message saying the tda may not have installed correctly....mtry again with recommended settings....but still no good......ugh.
I had this message too but with APL workshop, it was the wrong matlab thing installed. But it seems you have the right one (8.**).
With TDA I have a popup every time I start, something about admin rights, but it works.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I did, but at first I had the wrong version of matlab.....so I uninstalled the wrong version, as well as the start up file for tda......got the right matlab, then went back and got tda again. I didn't get the chance to meet with it yesterday, so maybe this evening I will drag the laptop back out and try again...........thanks guys for all the suggestions, I may be back tonight if it doesent pan out......lol. I didn't specifically make any choices about admin.....is this something I need to go to another menu to choose as an option?

21 - 40 of 208 Posts