DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is right, Second Skin Audio is looking for four individuals to become part of Team Second Skin and aid us in our quest for world domination!

The contest starts today, so please read and understand all of the rules, it'll make your and our lives that much easier.
This contest is posted on several forums, so please only one entry per person. If you frequent another forum more often, I would suggest entering over there instead.

The contest consists of three rounds.
Round 1: Initial entry
Round 2: Member voting
Round 3: Final selection

RULES
Round One:
To enter for your chance to become part of Team Second Skin, please post a video showing off your build(s), awards/trophies, whatever you think best showcases your ride, your skill level, and yourself. We're looking for the complete package. If your attitude stinks, we don't want ya.
Those who don't have access to a video camera can still enter, just post a hell of a lot of pictures, a little bit about yourself, and why you think you should be part of Team Second Skin.
Entries must be posted within 30 days of this thread being started.

Round Two:
After 30 days of collecting entries, those who have followed the rules from Round One will be gathered up and a new thread started listing all of the entries. The members of the forum will then vote on who they would like to see at meets, competitions, and to be part of Team Second Skin.
Voting will last for 14 days after this thread has been started.

Round Three:
After 14 days of members voting, we will take the winner of Round Two and enter them with the winners from the other forums where this contest is being held.
Out of all of the winners from Round Two, Second Skin Audio will choose at least four to become part of Team Second Skin.
Winners will be notified via PM. A winners list will also be posted on each forum where this contest is being held.

EXPECTATIONS
Members of Team Second Skin will be required to abide by the following.

- A "Team Second Skin" decal must be installed on the front and rear windows of your vehicle. Size of the decal will range depending on the size of your windshield/rear window. A smaller "Second Skin Audio" decal must be placed on both driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. So a total of four decals must be placed on the vehicle, one on the windshield, one on the rear window, one of the passenger's side (location at your discretion), and one on the driver's side (again the location at your discretion). All of these decals will be provided to you at no cost.
Second Skin themed paint jobs are optional and must be approved by us. Of course you would have to pay for this yourself.
- You are required to hit at least four big shows each year in whichever organization you are competing in.
- You must check in and post your results with pictures and or video after you've competed, within a timely manner.
- Please try to hit events with your teammates as often as possible. Of course this isn't always doable because of location or the fact that you might be in two separate events, but you should at least try to support your fellow teammates.

PERKS
Of course there are perks for being part of Team Second Skin!

- 50% off everything Second Skin Audio has to offer.
- Decals and other promotional items. These will be sent out periodically.
- First in line to receive and test new products.
- Street cred.
- And any other stuff we can think of.

THE FINE PRINT*
Second Skin Audio reserves the right to terminate this contest at any point and time.
Second Skin Audio also reserves the right to boot any team member that is unable to abide to the EXPECTATIONS*set forth or if they do not conduct themselves to our high standards. If we get reports or see first hand that you are being an ass or a jerk, we can and will remove you from the team without warning.

This "Team Second Skin" is*new and completely separate from any previously formed team sponsored by Second Skin Audio. The team that was created by the previous owner is no longer the official team.
If anyone has any questions, please email Ken, Max, or myself to prevent cluttering up this thread.

Let The Contest Begin, Round One!
Now that all of the rules are out of the way, lets get this baby rolling!
To enter please post in the following format.

Organization in which you are or will be competing in: i.e. USACi
Comp vehicle: i.e. 1984 VW Rabbit Cabriolet*
Current setup: i.e. Two 18" DC Lvl 4 XL, etc.
Why you should be part of the team: i.e. Post video(s), pictures, and whatever you think best showcases you and you're ride.

Good luck to everyone!
Now lets get it on!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Perks are nice, but it's going to take a special member to meet the requirements. Sounds like it's a better fit for a SPL forum.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
This contest is posted a lot of places.
Personally I would like to see some SQ comp vehicles, hints why it's here on DIYMA.
This is true. In the North East if I was into SPL I could prbly throw a rock and find a show to go to.. but SQ shows are a 6hr minimum drive each way. :mean:

·
Human (not a robot)
2,451 Posts
Is there a "Poser" version of Team Second Skin. I use Second Skin products but I don't want to jump through the hoops (plus I'm not a competitor) and DO NOT expect any of the perks. :D

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a "Poser" version of Team Second Skin. I use Second Skin products but I don't want to jump through the hoops (plus I'm not a competitor) and DO NOT expect any of the perks. :D
:laugh:
You can contact Ken or Max (email) and see about getting some Second Skin Audio decals.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
:laugh: Nice.

I too use second skin SPL Tiles, and speaker tweakers. But that's about it.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I can tell you this as far as SQ. Most of the SQ guys are not going to jump through hoops to be on a team because they don't have to. The big name guys are invited to be on x team due to they already have a proven winning record the company can exploit/market. Most of them already have their team affiliations. Most of the guys competing already have their cars built, so they would need to have used your product while building.

4 decals is way to many for that many decals I would want more than a 50% deal.IMO Most other's only require 1 to 2 decals and they supply the team member with a few free t-shirts to wear at shows.

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts
I am a Second Skin whore. Damp Pro, Lux Pro, Spectrum, and speaker tweakers. I was on the "team" before the company changed hands(we were a dealer), but right now can't commit to any shows.

My whole IS300 has 2 layers of Damp Pro and Lux Pro on every metal panel (and some plastic ones too). I was planning on spraying the wheel wells and bottom of the car with Spectrum for that final touch when I get some extra monies.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I can tell you this as far as SQ. Most of the SQ guys are not going to jump through hoops to be on a team because they don't have to. The big name guys are invited to be on x team due to they already have a proven winning record the company can exploit/market. Most of them already have their team affiliations. Most of the guys competing already have their cars built, so they would need to have used your product while building.

4 decals is way to many for that many decals I would want more than a 50% deal.IMO Most other's only require 1 to 2 decals and they supply the team member with a few free t-shirts to wear at shows.
Good point.
It seems to me that it would be hypocritical to have some other company's product already installed but promote another.
But since sound deadening is usually step one in a build, that would likely be the case for many members here and on other forums.
Sounds like you are looking for members that are starting their build from square one.
With that being said, builds from scratch take time so I don't see how that will square with your schedule for the up coming season.

John, as you already know, I am in the market for your products; you wrapped a bowl for me just last week do demonstrate your latest CLD.;)

Since I am a believer in your products and pricing, you already have my support and my intention is to use many of the products you offer.

I would definitely consider posting to be on the team but I would need some consideration regarding time because my build is extensive and expensive.
I will be competing but I have not committed to one of the organizations at this time due to I am not sure which one's offer competitions in NorCal.

Some important points I can tell you though, is if I start something, I follow through and finish it.
I have built many custom vehicles in my life with one in partricular gracing the pages of Truckin' magazine in the '90s.
When I competed in car audio competitions before, I have been fortunate to usually place and sometimes it was 1st place.
Car audio is my hobby of choice and I plan to have a lot of fun with it.

Here's my build plans so far sent in an e-mail to Starboy869:

> Chris,
> Yes, and as usual with all my projects, they started out small and have
> grown way out of proportion.
> All of it is going into my 97 Chevrolet Suburban 4x4 with three row
> seating.
> All three seat rows will be staged individually.
>
> Head unit will be the new PPI 771 double din DVD source unit once they
> finally come to market.
>
> Amps and speakers will be the following:
>
> PPI white ART Ax606.2 using it’s full active abilities (Built-in FRX456).
> It will power three sets of PPI’s PC.65C 3way components sets.
> 6 tweets on high pass, 6 2.5” mids on band pass, and 6 6.5” midbass on low
> pass.
> One set of mids and tweets will be mounted on the top of the dash at the
> very edges (I am not a big A-pillar fan), another set of mids and tweets
> will be mounted on the B-pillars for the middle seat area, but just low
> enough not to confuse the front seat staging,
> and the last seat of mids and tweets will be going in the C-pillar for the
> rear seat, but once again, low enough as to not confuse the middle seat
> staging. The 6.5” midbass speakers will be mounted in the factory
> locations
> in both front and middle doors, and the rear set will be
> mounted in the wheel well panel just to the front of the passenger sitting
> positions.
>
> PPI white ART A1200.2 will run three PPI ART A12.SQ 12” subs in a behind
> the
> 3rd row seat.
>
> PPI white ART A300.2 will run two PPI ART A8.SQ 8” subs mounted in a front
> row center console downfired.
>
> PPI white ART A100.2 will run my center channel speakers mounted up on the
> top of the dash.
>
> PPI white ART A100.2 will run my 3-way PPI 6x9 speakers that I will mount
> in
> both rear barn doors so I can have tunes at the lake, drive in, park,
> etc...
> without having to power up the entire system.
> All amps will be mounted flat in the back in a configuration that will
> consist of three rows. All three rows will be the same length with spacers
> and endplates at the ends to hide all wiring and connector plugs; I like a
> clean looking amp rack.
> Now this is kind of cool, I am using your junk ARTS to take up whatever
> lengths are required to make all three rows the same length by cutting
> them
> to size (custom length spacers!). They will be bead blasted and re-powder
> coated to match the other ART amps.
> I will be using a PPI-ART white ACM-420 noisgate to power up all the amps
> and it has a 2nd audio input which I will use to introduce my video sound
> signal.
>
> Processing will consist of a PPI-ART white PAR-245 and the DEQ-230 which I
> now have a shroud for and will blend beautifully in my amp clusters.
>
> I will also be using two PPI-ART white EPX-205s. The 1st one is to
> separately control the volume of the A1200.2 and it’s subs through it’s
> low
> pass and my center stage A100.2 and speakers through the high pass.
> I might use the 2nd EPX-205 to control my A300.2 and 8” subs separately,
> but
> that is still up for debate.
> The PAR-245, ACM-420, and both EPX-205s will be stack mounted in a special
> custom made console whiich will be part of the center console subwoofer
> enclosure so all the controls will be right at my right hand fingertips.
>
> Obviously, the whole vehicle will be gutted to add proper sound deadening
> and run the extensive wiring.
>
> Lastly, video will consist of a roof mounted LCD Audiovox monitor mounted
> in
> a really cool Audiovox overhead console specifically made for the Suburban
> and Tahoe and it’s video signal will come from the PPI double din source
> unit.
> I am still debating on installing additional monitors in the barn doors.
> See what I mean by getting out of control?
> Tell me what you think.
>
> Bret
> PPI-ART COLLECTOR

I have already accumulated all the amps and 50% of the speakers so I am already committed to the build.
John, if this works for you, then I will be happy to place my application for the team and take a bunch of pics.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I am a Second Skin whore. Damp Pro, Lux Pro, Spectrum, and speaker tweakers. I was on the "team" before the company changed hands(we were a dealer), but right now can't commit to any shows.

My whole IS300 has 2 layers of Damp Pro and Lux Pro on every metal panel (and some plastic ones too). I was planning on spraying the wheel wells and bottom of the car with Spectrum for that final touch when I get some extra monies.
I'm right there with you... If I could commit to shows, I would, but with my finances the way they are and my car acting the way it is, I couldn't commit..

Although I DO hit as many car shows as possible... I'll be in Chicago on the 20th at WekFest.. And Import Face Off in OH soon as well..

AFA the products, I've got D-Pro in multiple layers (along with others I'll admit) Overkill and OK-Pro, Luxury liner, Spectrum Sludged the underside of the car, just today spectrum filled my trunk lid (3/4 of a gal thus far), Rattle Trap, tweekers... Then I've got memory foam, spray foam, and some "other" things tucked in here and there...

Hell, with what I've got in the car, I should be doin your job Jon...

I had a friendly agreement with ANT prior to the changing of the guard.. He was good to me...

But yeah, If ya'll wanted to help me get to shows, I'd be happy to work things out... :laugh:

You are more than welcome to check out my build log here, it's extensive.. (just wish it was Bing quality) You might see something you like...

But otherwise, I'm pretty stwate...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I too would love to do this, as I'm just starting my build. But money is tight, and the build will be slow, and therefore I cant commit to a date for competing yet. I have 90sq-ft of damp pro in front of the front seats, and will be putting much much more in the car. Theres also 45sq-ft of luxury liner pro in front of the front seats. I have a bunch of overkill going in, a gallon of sludge and a gallon of spectrum going in front of the front seats, and then I can start working beside and behind the front seats.

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are looking for people who are already using our products or are looking to add our product(s) to their build. There are some people who have their builds already put together, but are lacking sound deadening. Then you have some that are using another brand/product and want to upgrade (typically from an asphalt product that is sliding off).

Bret, you would definitely be on our list of people to ask to be on the team. We know it takes time, effort, and money to put these sort of builds together. So if we can get with you on the ground floor of your build and support you all the way through that would just be perfect. So please submit your application.

Aaron, I know what you mean. I think you, emperorJJ, and I are competing to see who can have more Second Skin in their vehicle. Granted I don't have Luxury Liner Pro in there, but I do have everything else. lol

We haven't discussed it in detail, but we may ask some people (like yourself) to be honorary team members without the commitment of having to go to shows/comps. You know, people who have supported and repped Second Skin for all these years (if you're like me, it's been like six years or so?). If we decide to do that, I'll let everyone know.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
We are looking for people who are already using our products or are looking to add our product(s) to their build. There are some people who have their builds already put together, but are lacking sound deadening. Then you have some that are using another brand/product and want to upgrade (typically from an asphalt product that is sliding off).

Bret, you would definitely be on our list of people to ask to be on the team. We know it takes time, effort, and money to put these sort of builds together. So if we can get with you on the ground floor of your build and support you all the way through that would just be perfect. So please submit your application.

Aaron, I know what you mean. I think you, emperorJJ, and I are competing to see who can have more Second Skin in their vehicle. Granted I don't have Luxury Liner Pro in there, but I do have everything else. lol

We haven't discussed it in detail, but we may ask some people (like yourself) to be honorary team members without the commitment of having to go to shows/comps. You know, people who have supported and repped Second Skin for all these years (if you're like me, it's been like six years or so?). If we decide to do that, I'll let everyone know.
John,
Thank you for your response.
I will definitely submit my application soon once I get a bunch of good pics together to go with it.
I look forward to the final outcome of the membership process. :)

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Would love to be part of The Team but I don't do stickers, period. Shirt, hat, flyers on the windshield at the shows, forum sig info, Team affiliation on the MECA results page, I am all over.

Don't confuse SQ cars with a Nopi style stickered up show n shiners. Nothing against them, to each their own, but I am 40 something with an expensive to me car that is not going to be stickered up. Did a few two years ago and it just isn't me. They came off.

Second skin is all over the car and my newest creation that will be in the lanes soon. Soon as in next month.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts

That would be cool, I'm about that....

Get me a sicker assortment in the mail and I'll see about finding a spot for you for WekFest the 20th..

I'm not a big sticker/decal guy, but with the import scene the way it is, I get away with a few..

Hardest thing about doing SQ comps... no A/C....

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
That would be cool, I'm about that....

Get me a sicker assortment in the mail and I'll see about finding a spot for you for WekFest the 20th..

I'm not a big sticker/decal guy, but with the import scene the way it is, I get away with a few..

Hardest thing about doing SQ comps... no A/C....

Aaron,
Wow, really nice car.
I would love to see close ups of the engine bay.
Glad to see you restrained yourself from installing a wing. :D

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Aaron,
Wow, really nice car.
I would love to see close ups of the engine bay.
Glad to see you restrained yourself from installing a wing. :D

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Thanks Bret..!!

Took the wing off...:laugh:

Ask and Yee shall receive...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.