DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interest in these drivers, I have to been talking with the guys from E.B. Acoustic, maybe some of you have also. The prices of the drivers are not bad, but shipping for such small drivers is crazy. Here are the prices I was qouted.

Surface SL (small dome style) 110 Euro= $133.00 US
http://www.ebacoustic.it/pagine/scheda.asp?id=59364&categoria=TEC

Surface TW (Flat style driver) 145 Euro= $175.00 US
http://www.ebacoustic.it/pagine/scheda.asp?id=59367&categoria=TEC

Shipping is 50 Euro= $60.00

If we were to buy atleast 10 pair he will give us 10% off the above prices and that would save a lot on shipping. Not much, but somthing is better the nothing.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I use the Surface Slim together with the Trius in my car and it is qute nice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here-I-Come said:

Shipping is 50 Euro= $60.00

If we were to buy atleast 10 pair he will give us 10% off the above prices and that would save a lot on shipping. Not much, but somthing is better the nothing.

Is shipping $60 per pair??

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
any more specs on those sl series?? thanks they look pretty sweet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
mn found it on the page didnt see the tiny pdf thing

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finleyville said:
Is shipping $60 per pair??
60 shipping was for one pair when I talked with at first, but if we buy more from my understanding is the shipping is still 60 shipping for all of them together. I well correct with him once more just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
And what would these drivers be, i don't really read that language too well lol. Any info on them that would help persuade someone to buy them...as i really don't know the first thing about either of those drivers.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Ah so thats what this thread is about.......very nice small format ribbons....Hmmm, i wish i could only afford it.

I would much rather them be able to get down lower though, as the only use for it would be an ambient tweet, or 7k and up.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
demon2091tb said:
Ah so thats what this thread is about.......very nice small format ribbons....Hmmm, i wish i could only afford it.

I would much rather them be able to get down lower though, as the only use for it would be an ambient tweet, or 7k and up.
Not really it you are use a driver like the DLS IR3 which plays up the 8khz or like the fullrange TB 4" Npdang just bought. This would be a prefect tweeter for driver with a wide range/fullrange. Getting as much info in the midrange as possible and on the low a very good mid bass and high the top end the Surface SL.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you have to use the supplied xovers with these drivers? Can you go active?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just picked up a set to use with my Trius'. I hope all goes well. I will post a review when all is done.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Please let up know what you do in terms of a crossover, (Points, slope, passive, active, etc.)

I was listening to the TRIUS today and I think a simple 6dB/Oct at around 10KHz-16KHz on a set of tweets might work to add a tad more upper end detail?

They are sounding good though.

Finleyville,
How did you get the TECs? I would have bought a set if I had known......

·
Registered
880 Posts
Finley is in the states. I´m the one who is overseas. :)
The Slims comes with a 7 kHZ, 12 dB/Oct that by no means is high end, but works quite well with the Trius. Not perfect, but good enough to carry me though the winter... :D I will hook them up actively next week and do some measurements to try to find the "best" crossover for them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmmm, what ever happened to the group buy? I am working on installing a set of iridium domes in my car (thanks newtitan!) and need a nice tweeter to go with it. The tweeter will be flush mounted in the sail panels, these seem like they would be perfect but $200 shipped is a bit steep for a pair IMO....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts