DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone moderating that place?
1/2 the threads in there don't belong anywhere near there.
It's almost impossible to wade through the dumb question stuff, help pick my equipment, what's best, etc.

I know I've mentioned this before and someone said to send them all the misposted threads but I own a site of my own and work on 2 more...I come here to get away from that crap.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
It gets aggravating constantly asking the mods to do that, and I am with you. It seems that every 6 or so weeks this cycle happens.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
And I go to edit my post above to remove my "SOund" and I get this...

Sorry, only upgraded members can edit their posts for up to 72 hours. You can upgrade by clicking on the button below:
By upgrading your membership, you will also get the following bonus permissions:

-Less google ads
-Immediate access to the classified forum
-Instant access to current vendor giveaways
-Increased Private Message Inbox
-Access to the hidden DIYMA forums
-No search limit

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Is anyone moderating that place?
1/2 the threads in there don't belong anywhere near there.

It only takes 1 click from 3 members to send to the dumb questions forum. Mods can't possibly read every thread.

If it is dumb question, click it. If everyone did this it would clear up pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're not all dumb questions....90% are just posted in the wrong sub-forum.
With multiple mods it shouldn't be too hard to keep it in check....but what do I know I only work on and/or own several automotive forums of my own.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently the staff agreed as about 1/2 of the first page of that section was moved today.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I guess the power that be, don't care for me talking about how jacked shit is...

·
Registered
699 Posts
It only takes 1 click from 3 members to send to the dumb questions forum. Mods can't possibly read every thread.

If it is dumb question, click it. If everyone did this it would clear up pretty quick.
I wish they had an option for more than just dumb questions... like instead of it just saying mark as dumb question have it say mark as doesn't belong. Then when you click that it gives an option to choose which section it goes to. Same rules would apply as before where it takes 3-4 people before it actually moves.
Is this something that is possible? It would alleviate a lot of the issues I think.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wish they had an option for more than just dumb questions... like instead of it just saying mark as dumb question have it say mark as doesn't belong. Then when you click that it gives an option to choose which section it goes to. Same rules would apply as before where it takes 3-4 people before it actually moves.
Is this something that is possible? It would alleviate a lot of the issues I think.
agreed, I just started going on and posting that the thread belongs somewhere else, and I felt like a jerk for doing it so I stopped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts