DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
66.7.... :shock: I must be deaf..... though I think the problem is with my speakers though, cause if I only got an average hearing, 99% of the people I know must be completely deaf really.

·
Registered
728 Posts
seems I am either tone deaf of stupid as shit :) 68%
time to sell off all that fine gear and put the stock radio back in.

·
Registered
636 Posts
time to sell off all that fine gear and put the stock radio back in.
yup. I guess it's all in our minds that we can hear differences.... back to te stock system:rolleyes: I think that tst is pretty worthless....

·
Registered
694 Posts
73% here, 2.1hz on the other test. Made me feel all butthurt. Guess I listen to music way too loud?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I only got a 61.1%...ouch...

Then I took the frequency test, and I can tell frequencies apart that are 1.05hz apart on average. So that makes me feel better.

·
Registered
728 Posts
77.8% using my old sony headphones

on some pieces I felt like I was "flying away" with my mind thinking about something else lol. hard to keep the concentration.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
77.8% the first time, 80.6% the second. Most things are pretty easy to pick up, but I assume there might be some very slight pitch changes or something on some of them. I hit same for one that I figure might have had a slightly flat note. Most are sharply different from each other so I can't say how little of a change they actually step down to. For example, I'm not sure if note duration is important either as at least one seemed slightly different in some note duration but otherwise the same. I don't know, most are way off in some way. Going through the end where they show you the results, I can pick up on what I got wrong pretty easy. One I'm still not sure on. It's supposed to be the same, but it still sounds off to me, lol.

0.9Hz apart for pitch. The 0.75Hz ones are pretty much indistinguishable to me.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That's part of the test. In the end, you can go over each one and see your answer and the correct answer and you can play and replay the one track in which case you can pretty easily pick out the difference when you play it a few times in a row.

·
Registered
15 Posts
92%On the first try this was fun! I practiced like a was seeing the notes in space. I've been to hundreds of concerts in my life never thought it made a difference but I guess I am a critical listener, heck I could even pick up some slight speed variations.I also am a brewer which intails lot's of listening for slight variations in mechanical noises that the equipment makes I think this might help for a test like this also.

James

1 - 20 of 27 Posts