1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this in an email update from Tymphany:

http://baysidemedia.com/Tymphany/build/0106_lat.html

More Bass for Alpine Customers
High-performance mobile electronics manufacturer, Alpine Electronics, has introduced two products based on the Tymphany LAT. Alpine is using both 500 and 700 size LATs in its PLT-5 and PLV-7 Powered LAT Subwoofer Systems, which are ideal for space-constrained vehicles.

“We believe the Tymphany LAT technology is helping to revolutionize our subwoofer product offerings, and especially products for trucks and SUVs – vehicles that typically have little or no space to devote to large, traditional cone-shaped subwoofers,” says Stephen Witt, Alpine’s vice president of Marketing. “When we branded our product, it made sense to incorporate the name of this technology because the Tymphany LAT forms the foundation of this new class of subwoofer systems.”

The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) named the Alpine Powered LAT Subwoofer as an Innovations 2006 Design and Engineering Showcase honoree in the Vehicle Audio category.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone else find it humerous that this tech is supposed to help SUV drivers who are lacking space!?! Aren't those the vehicles with the most space? Hello, 2 seat convertable owner here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
called up Tymphany about a year ago asking about this and I was told the same thing
bout time they completed it with Alpine, going to be expensive

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, here is to hoping that one of the other companies Tymphany is working with will realease a sub package that actually fits in tight spaces. I dont really consider a bandpass box to fit 1 12" exactly small.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
ATB said:
Does anyone else find it humerous that this tech is supposed to help SUV drivers who are lacking space!?! Aren't those the vehicles with the most space? Hello, 2 seat convertable owner here.
I feel your pain, but the sad reality is we 2-seat roadster owners don't buy enough such products to sustain a market for them. There's a reason Jello never updated their (NA) Miata Stealthbox to fit under the NB's glass window'ed top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts