DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly interested in head units, but any info is MORE THAN WELCOME. I know we still have 2 1/2 months, but i'm already getting a twitchy trigger finger to get something new.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would like to know as well as I want a new headunit :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was fortunate to have a visit from Mr. Henning Gladen a couple of weeks ago.
No matter how hard I tried, I just could not get him to leave the prototype of the
Mosconi 6to8 processor.
Such a tiny little thing, I thought for sure he might just forget where he'd put it down.
He informed me that they're aiming for general release around CES.
I can't wait.........................
The control software might not be a pretty as the PXA-H800, but I can live with that.
Definitely top of my wish list for new gear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmmmm.... new proc.... bit one out, Mosconi in? As with most of us on this site, always looking for my next great addition.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I'm getting excited too! I hope to see new high end headunits.
Seeing how difficult it is to update OEM HUs, I think that we won't see much in terms of High-End HU compared to OEM integration Processors.

Kelvin

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yes, I'm thinking there will be more OEM integration units, perhaps with better UI.

Much to my chagrin, because I'd like to see some high end head units. Every year I hope for a upper mid-level/lower high-end successor to the CDA-7949.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Seeing how difficult it is to update OEM HUs, I think that we won't see much in terms of High-End HU compared to OEM integration Processors.

Kelvin
Yep, you're probably right, but one can only hope that since the 99rs Did ok, other Manufacturer's will try to compete.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Clarion HX-D3 ?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Pioneer P99 double din w/ nav & i'm happy for years to come!!!
This would be incredible! I would ditch my alpine stuff for that if it didn't cost $5K. Not holding my breath for it though.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Even thought the P-99 did very well in sales Pioneer didn't make any money on it.
Without a firm source to back this up I have to call shenanigans. Pioneer made money on each and every sale of that unit. And the sales numbers seem to be pretty solid from what I've heard from various shop owners.

1 - 20 of 375 Posts