DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Charger w/ Police pkg
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
as someone who belongs to, and participates in, several different online forums devoted to both automotive and mobile audio, I feel confident in saying there is a big difference in the general mentality of the forums’ respective members when interacting with each other within their own forum. The line of demarcation, for whatever reason, seems to fall on the forum’s area of interest.

<disclaimer: these statements are very general in nature; nothing is black and white; I am not making them such; these are just some personal observations>

Automotive forum members tend to be more receptive to the advice, suggestions, expertise, and even light-hearted ribbing of fellow members. This is in contrast to mobile audio forum members who tend to be less receptive, less accepting, less understanding of the advice, suggestions, and light-hearted ribbing of their fellow forum members.

NOTE: if you are now filled with great disdain for me and cannot wait to tell me how wrong I am, please see the disclaimer highlighted above.

Despite having identified what I believe to be a fundamental area of concern that, if addressed, could improve forum participation on all levels, I have not the slightest idea of how to even try to do something productive toward achieving that goal.

As such, I guess I’m the worst kind of OP - I point out an issue with the forum in which I’m posting, yet I’m doing nothing to help resolve it.

If I thought I could do something, I would. But no one is going to listen to me; I am no one, a true nobody here...deservedly soI might add.

I guess I just wanted to say out loud, “it’s different here” (and on other forums like this as well), and not a ‘good’ different either...

😬

Or maybe I’ve just had too much to drink tonight and need to get some sleep...:unsure:

I think I’ll try that and see how it goes... :sleep:

Regards,
Nuke

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
aLasNuke... I see. ;)

Do automotive forum member have a lower confidence in there abilities?

Do Audio forum member suffer from Dunning Kruger effect?

(And I have no idea what we would do with those answers.)

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Charger w/ Police pkg
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On second thought disregard my original post. That was just the scotch talking...danged good scotch! But scotch nonetheless...😔

·
Registered
767 Posts
Life is SHort. DRINK and PARTY HARD and LIVE IT UP!

WIsh I did more of it. But MAN have I had my FILL!

Meh. Remeber the ROARING 20's! (Okay no one really does, but...) Lets do that!

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I remember being involved in the car audio scene in the late 80's and 90's when it was at its peak. 90% of the people in it were awesome, but the 10% that were total pricks were really complete total pricks. I never saw that mentality in the home audio end of things, it was a more mature and mellow crowd. Now with this forum dying off, the 10 % total pricks have taken it over and are the most focal and the rest have left.

·
Registered
767 Posts
On second thought disregard my original post. That was just the scotch talking...danged good scotch! But scotch nonetheless...😔
Well Friday is coming up. Online Beer Pong anyone?

Maybe a car Audio game of Jeopardy? Its not as fun as doing it in person. But Tough time man!

I always found it fun to play "Oh God Bill Biiiiillll!!!" audio in a Nursing home parking lot and leave the car. That's always fun! (DO NOT ATTEMPT) I did it in a rental car that belonged to a company.....

Ohhhh GOOD TIMES!

·
Listener of Music
3,222 Posts
Now with this forum dying off, the 10 % total pricks have taken it over and are the most focal and the rest have left.
There has been a lot of good basic content lately. But your statement is true. The insolent pricks are the loudest but NEVER represent the majority.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts