DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Dumb thread. All apologizes. I don't believe any one of you has any concept of the challenges facing public education. It's just what you've chosen to criticize for your entertainment on this forum.
Do tell... what are they?

I can see politics, testing, curriculum, the chirpldren, the parent, the school boards.
The teachers are working to a stanrdized format, so I doubt that there is much latitude for the teacher.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Funding is a big issue here in Alabama as well. Some close states like georgia and florida have state lotteries, and a small portion goes to education which does help. but then again, here in Mobile, public school teachers make more money than a private school teacher and have better benefits. i went to public school my whole life, myself as well as all of my friends all made 28s or better on ACTs, got college scholarships, and we are nurses, doctors, physical therapists, accountant, athletic trainers... so, we made it just fine...

it doesn't matter if you go to a public or private school, a person will become educated if they are motivated to be "educated", whatever you choose to educate yourself about.

and just because someone thinks they are educated, or that their private schooling was better, doesn't mean that it was. some of you may be paying all those big dollars to private schools for an even or even worse so called "education" for your kids. but i'm sure it makes you feel better...

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Dumb thread. All apologizes. I don't believe any one of you has any concept of the challenges facing public education. It's just what you've chosen to criticize for your entertainment on this forum.
Secondly, I am not even sure if the education is worse now...
The perception is that it is, but there has been such a push for private schools, madras', etc, that I am not sure what the truth is.

Are there Comparisons of educational scores over many decades?
How do we factually know that education is in trouble?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The main purpose of starting this thread was to share the perspective of John Taylor Gatto ...and to that extent, judging by the entirety of posts so far, it has been a complete waste of time; as it seems abundantly clear that no one who has posted so far has bothered to watch any of the videos I've linked in this thread.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
The main purpose of starting this thread was to share the perspective of John Taylor Gatto ...and to that extent, judging by the entirety of posts so far, it has been a complete waste of time; as it seems that no one has bothered to watch any of the videos that I linked in this thread.
One person has watch one of them.

The thing that struck me was that the Finnish (or maybe Norwegian or Iceland?) systems are more like a Montessori approach, which seemed to be the angle that Gatto was implicitly suggesting underneath the general conspiracy tone.

As it had a millennium or new world order tone, so I only made it through one.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
One person has watch one of them.

The thing that struck me was that the Finnish (or maybe Norwegian or Iceland?) systems are more like a Montessori approach, which seemed to be the angle that Gatto was implicitly suggesting underneath the general conspiracy tone.

As it had a millennium or new world order tone, so I only made it through one.
Fair enough. :)

Let me take a wild guess, LOL: It was the seven-minute video in my opening post, called "The Purpose Of Schooling." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q

For this very reason, I was very much on the fence about posting that video, for fear that folks might mistake this seven-minute video for a summary of John Taylor Gatto's perspective on public schooling and education, and thereby preemptively dismiss whatever else he might have to say, on that basis.

Please check out:

"Stanley The Truant" - NAROPA Insitute 1996 - John Taylor Gatto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8lt5XUHgUE

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
...As it would be foolish to assume that we might ever agree with anyone on everything, so it would be foolish to wholly dismiss whatever one might have to say, on the basis of one or more divergent views.

In any case, I think we can all agree that schooling and education are complex issues...

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Let's ignore psychology.
And also school shootings.

Where is the evidence that the education effectivity has diminished in the last 1/2 century?

Other countries have more effective outcomes in STEM subjects as well as the humanities... but has the US actually gone backwards relative to itself over time?
Or just backwards relative to the rest of the world?

deVos and her ilk are another matter.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Yup, another reason I send my children to Catholic schools and pay a premium to do so after paying taxes for public schools, which in my area suck. I think of the awesome car audio I could afford if I didnt have to pay those tuitions.

O-well.

Note: I didn’t watch the video yet.
That's good, home schooling is the best too, and may get away with the stupid vaccination enforced by the gov.

My son was home schooled, we decided to do it since he was a bit hyper athletic and very active. They wanted us to drug him, we said fuck no.

Funny thing is one time my son in pre school kicked a ball very hard at recess and hit the
Witch hard on the head. It wan unintentional but, she behaved like an immature kid, and punished him for her own reasons.

Yes that is why we need to look at the big picture. The worst thing is that some third world countries praise the US for being the best at everything, and follow the same systems or methods of teaching even in some private schools.

From the mid late 80's everything started going down hill, the communists have accomplished everything they wanted very patiently. Maybe it was the hippies baby boomers that screwed it all up combined with all those feminist, and division race groups that are funded by the owners of this country.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Somehow related, since school shootings were mentioned. My opinion is that it is a combination of mentally ill, on medication by big pharma that has triggered that violence or like Bill Cooper predicted, mind controlled, with the simple purpose of taking the guns from some people.
Is there any factual evidence upon which to base your option?
- Are US person more disposed to mental health issues?
- - Or have less access to mental health care?
- or do other countries have less access to big pharma?
- - or even worse mental health because of a lack of medications?

I'll have to see how that mind control works. It may be harder to achieve in people are able to control their own mind(s).
Or is the theory is that schools train people for being susceptible to mind control?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Is there any factual evidence upon which to base your option?
- Are US person more disposed to mental health issues?
- - Or have less access to mental health care?
- or do other countries have less access to big pharma?
- - or even worse mental health because of a lack of medications?

I'll have to see how that mind control works. It may be harder to achieve in people are able to control their own mind(s).
Or is the theory is that schools train people for being susceptible to mind control?

Good questions, if you watch the first 2 mins of the B Cooper video, he wrote in his book, false flag mind control crimes. It's called MK ultra, used in the military in some special cases also.

Let's also keep in mind that the US has the one of the highest populations, that increases the chances of more crimes. Some crimes in other countries like China or Russia, we never hear about, or it's not in the US media networks best interests to cover.
Nicolas the kid that shot and killed people in the Florida school, was under a medication, the local authorities knew and saw the warnings, they never followed up or took action to prevent it, then there are these theories that he might have been under mind control, and could be an example of what Mr Cooper said.

The side effects of some medications that could be to sleep or pain, is not a mass side effect, it may only affect a fraction of a percentage of people that take it, and having access to a weapon could have some consequences, therefore media networks have brought up the suggestion to make sure gun owners have good mental health and not taking a medication that can indicate a potential issue.

These are very short under 5 min videos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxuBuJDY7o8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUW-frxo2X4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utKI46mg3n8

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Where there is mind control experiment some or not, the OP started with dismal schooling.
We have had just about everything being a factor excluding string theory.
Unless there is a way to determine variables which have the most influence, then it is hard to effectively arrive at optimal solutions.
These efforts are usually more effectively determined using statistical anlysis, rather than opinion.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I know we got a bit of topic, again I see a much bigger picture, it's not hard to connect the dots, follow the money, analyze things while having an open mind for a bit of conspiracy analysis, otherwise let's just let AI robots take over and just behave like robots accept what the media says, believe in what controls us say, the numbers they give us and keep taking the blue pill.

This video may be off topic, short, good but it is fresh and related, because in Canada and in some schools here, they are introducing transgender behavior to 5-6 year old kids, this video is about Hollywood still represents the big picture and real world the Elites want our new generations to engage in. With all the distractions of social media, smart phones, Hollywood and all the distracting information available at our finger tips, you wonder if kids can get better scores and better education. I agree parents need to put solid pressure and be strict, but these days, the gov wants to regulate how we even interact with kids at home.

This video shows how far they pushed the limits to make a behavior normal, the same thing they do in schools these days, reports of even introducing them to experiment themselves on their own. It's sick.

https://youtu.be/yF6viKPuTUM

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Education is another problem that we are expecting to fix by simply throwing money at it. For decades we've been told that our schools are under-funded and that if we just up the amount of $$$ directed toward education, things will improve. After trillions of dollars being spent and more every year...that obviously hasn't worked. It's time we looked in other areas to address the problem.

1. Political agenda's need to be OUT of the classroom completely. The definition of education shouldn't include brainwashing. Example: teach history as it was recorded by those who witnessed it. Not how you think it happened or should have happened.

2. Parents need to have some skin in the game. Apparently the only way parents overall will get involved and stay involved with their children's school lives is to have a financial stake in the outcome. Maybe tie higher tax refunds or credits to the performance of the children in the classroom?

3. Drain the cultural cesspool in our schools. Not since segregation have there been more divisions inside our schools on a cultural level. Some of the divisions are financially based, others are the cliques that revolve around popularity or the brand of clothes kids wear. These divisions create closed societies that reinforce a sense of security to those that belong and uncover or create mental issues for kids who are shunned. There's no wonder kids cannot adjust to life after school. The real world is light-years away from what they've become accustomed to.

4. Schools as a training ground for life. This won't sound very sensitive but...not all kids can become scientists, doctors or CEO of Apple. I'm not saying we should try to prohibit a child's development or crush their dreams but, we can place just as much importance in becoming a farmer or welder. You can do very well and be a success in a blue-collar career too. It shouldn't be looked on as where you end up if your career stalls or you flunk out of med school.

5. Decentralize schools/abolish the Dept. of Education. Has there ever been a more useless bureaucratic waste of taxpayer funds than this? Really, what does the federal government do well? Obviously not education.
Return responsibility for public schools to the States and local levels along with any associated tax revenue that is collected. Who knows better what is needed to helps students? Their local school administration or a bunch of pencil-pushers on the Federal level? Good decisions come from far more than studying analytics.

Just a few of my ideas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Regarding the other countries education, I often think about the fact that we, as country see the free education concept as a right. When comparing our results to other countries, I think this fact is lost. I often theorized that if I could take the top 10 from Indianapolis Public Schools (my former employer), I could compete with anyone in the in the state, or maybe even the country. I believe that a lot of the other countries we get compared to don't educate everyone to the extent we try. Just another thought.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Education is another problem that we are expecting to fix by simply throwing money at it. For decades we've been told that our schools are under-funded and that if we just up the amount of $$$ directed toward education, things will improve. After trillions of dollars being spent and more every year...that obviously hasn't worked. It's time we looked in other areas to address the problem.

1. Political agenda's need to be OUT of the classroom completely. The definition of education shouldn't include brainwashing. Example: teach history as it was recorded by those who witnessed it. Not how you think it happened or should have happened.

2. Parents need to have some skin in the game. Apparently the only way parents overall will get involved and stay involved with their children's school lives is to have a financial stake in the outcome. Maybe tie higher tax refunds or credits to the performance of the children in the classroom?

3. Drain the cultural cesspool in our schools. Not since segregation have there been more divisions inside our schools on a cultural level. Some of the divisions are financially based, others are the cliques that revolve around popularity or the brand of clothes kids wear. These divisions create closed societies that reinforce a sense of security to those that belong and uncover or create mental issues for kids who are shunned. There's no wonder kids cannot adjust to life after school. The real world is light-years away from what they've become accustomed to.

4. Schools as a training ground for life. This won't sound very sensitive but...not all kids can become scientists, doctors or CEO of Apple. I'm not saying we should try to prohibit a child's development or crush their dreams but, we can place just as much importance in becoming a farmer or welder. You can do very well and be a success in a blue-collar career too. It shouldn't be looked on as where you end up if your career stalls or you flunk out of med school.

5. Decentralize schools/abolish the Dept. of Education. Has there ever been a more useless bureaucratic waste of taxpayer funds than this? Really, what does the federal government do well? Obviously not education.
Return responsibility for public schools to the States and local levels along with any associated tax revenue that is collected. Who knows better what is needed to helps students? Their local school administration or a bunch of pencil-pushers on the Federal level? Good decisions come from far more than studying analytics.

Just a few of my ideas.
Great stuff! I agree with pretty much everything you're saying here, particularly that which I've highlighted in bold.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Yes, drastic changes are needed, aading more computers or money as already mentioned will not fix it.

In the las 30 years, they changed things, they got less strict, lowered the standards to make them pass, all part of the hippie pot generation.

In sports for kids, in soccer for example, When they came up with, everybody wins, and gets a trophy, we keep no score. That equality is BS, making kids growing up that they deserve everything with no effort, we learn by mistakes, we improve by making mistakes, and you see some kids these days getting offended for many things they shouldn't, some are adults already with severe sensitivity to some trigger warnings and microagressions.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
When someone like deVos is put in charge of it, that should tell you how important it is.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
In the video I posted, there was an excelent comment, a ups worker, 29 y/0
He owns a house, he does what he wants and also has a car paid in full.
And maybe he is MGTOW too but that is an entirety different topic but still connects to reality of today.

He said at half way from college he quit, worked for ups and he is not rich but has a home and car. He said most of the kids in his or her generation live in apartments or with mom and dad and owe a bunch of money for student loans, and probably picked a career that serves no purpose other than what professors thought will be the future or their school's interests.

And also sometimes some professors and advisors tend to push people for some career that cost less money to the university or college.

Example, chemistry, physics, science etc, it costs a load of money to maintain labs, keep up with new tech equipment etc, therefore they push for other studies being cheaper for the faculty or university.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts