DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my head unit from the Alpine IVA-W505 to the Alpine INA-NAV10 and mated it to the PXA-H800. But I've been looking at the awesome new stuff in Europe that appears to be headed this way.

Anybody have any experience or seen Pioneer’s SPH-DA01.
European In-Car Head Unit 2011-2012 - Pioneer SPH-DA01 | EISA - The European Imaging and Sound Association

The tech looks amazing. I like the iphone like touchscreen interface and the full incorporation of the processing power of the smart phone into the head unit.

Does anyone anticipate the incorporation of Siri into a head-unit? Also what type of other features should we be expecting in new head units?

I'm happy with my NAV10 / H800 combo, but I'm just thinking of what is the next level.

Thoughts?????

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The SPH-DA01 is great in theory. The problem is its not that great, but that's probably only because it's the first gen.

I was :drooling: over this unit when I first saw it and read about it. After actually playing with one, I'll be waiting till the second/third gen to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
The SPH-DA01 is great in theory. The problem is its not that great, but that's probably only because it's the first gen.

I was :drooling: over this unit when I first saw it and read about it. After actually playing with one, I'll be waiting till the second/third gen to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xxxx2

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not necessarily a big fan of waiting just for the sake of waiting. I have been able to successfully and with a high degree of reliability incorporate my iphone, itunes, and interface it with my tv at home and the associated bluetooth installed in each of those various components.

Exactly what is it about the Pioneer unit that causes concern?

I would also note that Kenwood makes a similar unit. Kenwood DNX9280BT
European In-Car Navi-Media System 2011-2012 - Kenwood DNX9280BT | EISA - The European Imaging and Sound Association

The navigation unit appears to be really sweet and Parrot has proven themselves at the goto company for bluetooth calling and audio. I have been using their units for years without fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts