DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all your bikes snuck in to your photos. Leaning against workbenches in the garage, hung on the ceiling, straddling your speakers (okay maybe that's me).

Who rides bikes. You know the kind. With pedals!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Working on this in my back yard...

I've had to change the top where you go into the woods a couple times to make it flow a little better. Keeping branches and weeds trimmed down is also a non stop task. It's about 0.12 miles to loop once around, but it's a surprisingly good workout after half a dozen circuits.

I'll get a new video of the full thing once it's all done. I've got a 2018 Specialized Stumpjumper ST as well as a 2009 Rockhopper Comp. Looking at brake upgrades and a fork upgrade for the Stumpjumper, swapped out the rear shock a while back for a Fox DPS.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Working on this in my back yard...

I've had to change the top where you go into the woods a couple times to make it flow a little better. Keeping branches and weeds trimmed down is also a non stop task. It's about 0.12 miles to loop once around, but it's a surprisingly good workout after half a dozen circuits.

I'll get a new video of the full thing once it's all done. I've got a 2018 Specialized Stumpjumper ST as well as a 2009 Rockhopper Comp. Looking at brake upgrades and a fork upgrade for the Stumpjumper, swapped out the rear shock a while back for a Fox DPS.
I used to have an original pitch pro (the bronze one) sold that years ago and got myself a voodoo hoodoo which in its test was the first proper mountain bike on test and wasn’t gonna disintegrate on its first hard trail ride! It’s not light at 30lb, but I figure 180lb of me riding it makes the extra strength a benefit lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I always told myself if I needed to make my bike lighter it would be cheaper to lose the weight on myself than the bike. Having said that, the Rockhopper weighs a decent amount lighter than when it was new, swapped out most things on it over the years. It was weird going from a 26" hardtail to a 29" full suspension bike, there are times I miss the lightness and maneuverability of the hard tail.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh they are beautiful! Love that copper color wow! (y) :D :love: I love a good road ride!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
damnit,its way big, sorry guys, this is my bomber,ive had it for a few years and use it to ride an 8 mile route around my town for exercise and occasionally take it up to the hills for some downhill bombing,its old and beat up but still fun to ride

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Let's see. Over the last several years I averaged 10,000km or 6,000miles a year. I've ridden bikes all over the USA, Mexico, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Unfortunately health issues have hindered me from riding lately. But, this is my current stable:

22.1 pound full carbon fat bike set up tubeless:

Ge0

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My full carbon Ultegra gravel bike / road bike work horse (almost 20,000 miles on it)

Ge0

Attachments

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
And then there is my MTB trail bike urban assault machine. Vintage 2013 but still running strong:

I love admiring the world from a bike. It's great exercise and really allows you to so soak in nature. Sure, I'm a car audio nut. But this is my greater passion. Races, cycling groups, day long exploration rides. I've seen some beautiful places on 2 wheels. I intend on seeing more...

Ge0

Reactions: opekone

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I have a 700c commuter with panniers mud guards a basket on the handlebars and a 125db air horn that's great for city commuting but not pretty enough for a pic

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did somebody say bikes ? I'm down to 4 at this time. Not to be confused with the 2nd photo from several years ago when I had 7 (6 of which were Specialized mountain bikes). As much as I love mountain biking I've been having a ton of fun on my flat bar road bike since I built it up 2 years ago.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let's see. Over the last several years I averaged 10,000km or 6,000miles a year. I've ridden bikes all over the USA, Mexico, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Unfortunately health issues have hindered me from riding lately. But, this is my current stable:

22.1 pound full carbon fat bike set up tubeless:
View attachment 272943

View attachment 272944

View attachment 272945

View attachment 272946 .
Ge0

Few things say hardcore as much as a roadie with a fatbike! Well done man.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Few things say hardcore as much as a roadie with a fatbike! Well done man.
I do some group road rides on my fatty just to be sassy. I love that bike.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Did somebody say bikes ? I'm down to 4 at this time. Not to be confused with the 2nd photo from several years ago when I had 7 (6 of which were Specialized mountain bikes). As much as I love mountain biking I've been having a ton of fun on my flat bar road bike since I built it up 2 years ago.

View attachment 273093 View attachment 273094
The region of Michigan I live in is fairly flat. Our trails are mostly through forest with a few hills to climb. Sure, we build obstacles and rock gardens. But don't have many big drops like what you guys might see near the mountains. Four to five inches of travel is fine for me.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I've barely put 600 miles on this year. Gotta get to riding! One from yesterday and the nicest shot I've ever taken from this trail.

View attachment 273797

View attachment 273796

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Quite stunning photos. I can only access terrain like that if I drive 5 to 6 hours North. I love trail riding but its hard for me living in the suburbs. Takes an 1-1/2 hours to prep and drive to the trail. Riding the trail 2 hours. Then another 1-1/2 hours to drive home and put everything away. Then maybe another 30 minutes to wash mud off bikes. That's half a day.

It's easier to grab my adventure (gravel / road) bike and just fly out the front door. I can get a good 20 to 30 miles in and be home before I would if I had went mountain biking. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE mountain biking. But, I need to limit that to the occasional weekend...

Ge0

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Quite stunning photos. I can only access terrain like that if I drive 5 to 6 hours North. I love trail riding but its hard for me living in the suburbs. Takes an 1-1/2 hours to prep and drive to the trail. Riding the trail 2 hours. Then another 1-1/2 hours to drive home and put everything away. Then maybe another 30 minutes to wash mud off bikes. That's half a day.

It's easier to grab my adventure (gravel / road) bike and just fly out the front door. I can get a good 20 to 30 miles in and be home before I would if I had went mountain biking. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE mountain biking. But, I need to limit that to the occasional weekend...

Ge0
Yeah I'm certainly privileged to be able to live where I do. I moved up to the mountains here in SD in large part because of proximity to that particular trail. I can ride out of my doorstep (though it's a 750ft road descent to get to the trailhead) so I usually drive unless I'm feeling super motivated. But all of the riding around here is just plain great. I love adventure rides and road rides and gravel rides as much as a nice steep trail! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts