DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people actually got the chance to secure a purchase on the 90% off Funkin Audio sale? I was able to get 4 SX 12's. Big question for those that did get the chance to purchase some, is your order still processing? Mine is unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
whats that mean? cause i have a friend who needs a cheap sub for mud truck

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I went looking on the evening of the first day of the sale there were none available then, so whatever stock was left didn't last too long.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thanks anyhow

·
Registered
17 Posts
For cheap options, your friend could go Pyle. PL1290BL or the even cheaper PLW12BL. Amazon is an option for them. They both have a QTS of .7x and FSs in the mid 20s so they could be good infinite baffle candidates but unfortunately I doubt his truck would be a good candidate for an IB installation. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
For cheap options, your friend could go Pyle. PL1290BL or the even cheaper PLW12BL. Amazon is an option for them. They both have a QTS of .7x and FSs in the mid 20s so they could be good infinite baffle candidates but unfortunately I doubt his truck would be a good candidate for an IB installation. :shrug:
thanks but def not IB. I should have jumped on these when I saw it but since I am not installing a system in new car it slipped my mind at the time .

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got 2 SL 12s for $63 shipped. very excited. im new to all of this though, could anyone tell me about box size for these subs? are there decent, cheap prefab options?

also, i am going try to buy the SI TM65 woofers and those nice tweeters the other guy is doing the group buy with to have a very nice diyma.com build :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
WINISD says over 11 cubic feet for one sub. Perhaps you should try them in an infinite baffle (free-air...i.e. no box) arrangement. You just need to separate the front of the cones from the backs so the sound waves coming from each side remain isolated from one another. The simplest way to accomplish this would be to mount them to your rear deck somehow (also, remove your other speakers if they're there). It'll take a little more effort than, say, finding eight bolts and simply bolting them to your rear deck. They'll need to be spaced away from your rear deck slightly so the front cone excursion won't be impeded...and remember, the fronts need isolated from the backs as much as you can feasibly get them. Your rear deck probably isn't flat, so it's going to take a little creativity on your part for mounting and isolating.

If you go this route their power handling ability will be reduced, so don't feed them massive amounts of power.

If you wind up doing this, please reply with your feedback on how it worked out for you. I was going to pick up a couple SX 12s and try an IB install myself but they didn't last long enough for me to get them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subs were listed on the site as DVC 4 ohm, but arrived labeled as DVC 2 ohm. Anyone else have this issue? Would have liked to have known this beforehand, so I could get an amp that makes it's power at 2 ohms instead of 1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts