I have an entire thread on the subject. Grab a coffee and check it out:

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
So I finished deadening my doors today:

Inner door skin:

Apply 2 layers of CLD inside. Apply generous layer outside to anything that will vibrate:

Secure loose harnesses with closed cell foam:

Job complete. No loose rattling harnesses on inner door. Air leaks plugged up. Floppy plastic pieces covered up in CLD sheet to make them more rigid. Good enough for now.

To be continued:

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Door card / trim.

Did the same for left and right. Similar theme. dampen anything that squeaked or rattled.

Peel back factory felt

The factory BOSE grill was sqeaky as heck. Each heat staked rivet was loose. I covered everything I could in butyl rope to dampen vibration. The end result was pure silence when you press on the speaker grill. Far better than the squeaky mess it was.

Large open flat surfaces like the back of the cup holders resonate like mad when bass is playing. So, I dampened them up too.

Since the midrange is mounted to the door trim panel I wanted to dampen the region surrounding it too. With midrange blaring I am sure the trim resonates along with it. So, tame it down.

Go throughout the door trim panel and secure loose wires.

Totally deaden the air space around the midrange and try to isolate it from midbass.

Put felt back and prepare to re-install:

Ge0

Reactions: SkizeR

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
I bought this little LED grabber tool at Harbor Freight that saves a lot of hassle replacing recessed screws. Sorry if the focus is off. I had been working on the car for 12 hours in the rain and my mind was fried.

Ge0

Attachments

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
Finally, I finished my tweeter install. Not sure if this was required but thought it would be a good idea anyway. I placed a bunch of closed cell foam around the tweeter body before putting the grill back on. I figured the foam may dampen any back reflections. We'll see...

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Well, if you are going to go big. You might as well to all out.

My rear fill speakers were mounted to flimsy little plastic panels. Again, I don't want vibration and buzzing noises coloring my sound. So...

Deaden up the panels

Apply foam to soak up standing waves behind the speaker

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
If you don’t mind sharing, what foam is that and where do you get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ResoNix. Good stuff. Just make sure he has it in stock before ordering.

Ge0

Reactions: SkizeR

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
ResoNix. Good stuff. Just make sure he has it in stock before ordering.

Ge0
We have everything in stock now and shipping out on a regular basis

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
We have everything in stock now and shipping out on a regular basis

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You heard it from the man right here ^-----^.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Putin' it all back together most of the way.

No D-pillar installed:

Insert D-Pillars

These risers are going to be important when implementing enhanced false floor

These risers are going to be important when implementing enhanced false floor

Temporarily place these trim pieces back so I can replace sub

Set subwoofer baffle back in place for testing

Ge0

Reactions: Coppertone

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hate when I come across threads like this cuz it’s always late and I always have to stay up and read the whole thing!

Finally saw a different beer lol, that dipa was very specific to be the only thing you drank:LOL:

Beautiful work and thread!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
I hate when I come across threads like this cuz it’s always late and I always have to stay up and read the whole thing!

Finally saw a different beer lol, that dipa was very specific to be the only thing you drank:LOL:

Beautiful work and thread!
LOL! Thank you sir. Boss Tweed is my favorite beer for the moment. However, it's over $4.00 a can. That's more per gram than a damn Brax amplifier :). I switch it up to something a little more reasonable once in a while.

Ge0

Reactions: w35t_fg2

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
While I had the subwoofer baffle propped up I decided to add foam gasket around its lip just to measure the affects:

Baffle placed back down:

Taking the easy way out to hide it. Just kidding. I have color matched carpet to glue down when the time is right.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
I decided to explore my new Helix ACO setup

I bought this mic stand off Amazon dirt cheap. Two for like $15 from PYRAMID

Universal Adjustable Desktop Microphone Stand - Tabletop Mic Holder Low Profile Mic Stand w/Flexible 8.2'' Gooseneck Mount & U Shape Base - Table Tops, Desk, Podium, Counter Use - Pyle PMKS8X2 (Pair):Amazon:Electronics

I wrapped the base in ResoNix closed cell foam so it would not gouge my interior. Come to think of it I should probably wrap the goose neck stem too:

This stand Allows me to position the mic in numerous spots near where my by head would sit.

After a few hours of screwing around with setting timing, cross-overs, speaker phase, and parametric EQ this is what I got:

It's a tad bass heavy and needs a slight boost in the upper midrange but is very pleasant to listen to.

Ge0

Reactions: Selkec

·
Registered
199 Posts
I decided to explore my new Helix ACO setup

I bought this mic stand off Amazon dirt cheap. Two for like $15 from PYRAMID

Universal Adjustable Desktop Microphone Stand - Tabletop Mic Holder Low Profile Mic Stand w/Flexible 8.2'' Gooseneck Mount & U Shape Base - Table Tops, Desk, Podium, Counter Use - Pyle PMKS8X2 (Pair):Amazon:Electronics

I wrapped the base in ResoNix closed cell foam so it would not gouge my interior. Come to think of it I should probably wrap the goose neck stem too:

This stand Allows me to position the mic in numerous spots near where my by head would sit.

After a few hours of screwing around with setting timing, cross-overs, speaker phase, and parametric EQ this is what I got:

It's a tad bass heavy and needs a slight boost in the upper midrange but is very pleasant to listen to.

Ge0
Looking good, Ge0!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
So, I had some time on my hands and some spare cardboard tonight:

My false sub floor baffle works. But, I am not 100% thrilled with this solution. it's a pain to gain access to the spare and battery.

Even with the amp in the way I think the sub will fit in an enclosure under the floor.

Squeeze the sub in there. I can always remove the rubber gasket to reduce mounting diameter by 1/4":

Starting to mock up a cardboard enclosure. I can go further left to add volume if needed. However, I wanted to reserve space for easy access to a set of jumper cables. In a pinch, I could stuff jumper cables inside the spare tire. There is a lot of dead space in there. But a pain to access.

Sub barely fits. Again, removing the thick rubber gasket will reduce overall diameter by 1/4":

Pull out the cardboard mold to trim it up.

Now, how to measure internal volume with a 3/4" top baffle installed?

Ge0

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Looking good, Ge0!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. It's to the point where I am starting to conduct critical listening sessions and making fine adjustments. That quick. i remember spending a month screwing around with my DSP in the past.

Maybe tomorrow I will try Helix Auto-tune.

Ge0

241 - 260 of 275 Posts