DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what would be the loudest Shallow Mount Subwoofer you can get today I'll will be running a rockford fosgate T1500-1BDCP yes I know this is overkill but this is what I have and I'm not changing it. I'll be running 2 subs I have absolutely no room for any other type of subs so don't recommend anything else apart from shallow subs.

I am currently thinking about
Stereo Integrity's BM mkIII
Alpine SWR-T12
JL Audio 13TW5-3

thank you for your help

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can get away with a sub that isn't shallow mount...sundown audio has came out with a sub with under 5 inches of depth I believe...beefy little booger. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
The JL is a nice sub, but is VERY picky about box size, it really only works in one box, no room for errors.
And it is more of a SQ sub.
If you are looking for output look at the new typeR
These subs are power hungry but make a SUBSTANTIAL amount of bass.
Very well built

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
You can get away with a sub that isn't shallow mount...sundown audio has came out with a sub with under 5 inches of depth I believe...beefy little booger. Lol

What model? The SA10 is 6" deep.

With 8" of depth, dont bother with a shallow sub. That is the only reason to use them. The majority of subs will fit.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The new sd1 line they are coming out with. There is also the sa series. Which is a BEAST of a sub

Any link on this? All Im finding is a discontinued sub

found it. its the sd-2

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a look at the Sundown SD-2 looks pretty beefy however I just don't know if it will fit it is in a single cab 2 door utility I have about 7 inches of clearance do you know if they going to be making this in a 8 inch Sub

·
Banned
2,895 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
get the memphis S call slimline man so far i have listen to almost every slimline on market excepot the new alpine one and 2 x 12" of those badd boys is the loudest slimlines subs i have ever heard 1 of them in a 27L sealed box in a hatch on 1000 memphis pr amp doin 141db baby you should check them out my second choice is the rockford and pioneer mopdels but not always in that order
Ren
xMplar

·
Registered
75 Posts
no wukkin furries champ good lcuk with it u gould also think about sum sort of custom built slim woofer or even sum type of hardcre 8" sub aswell just a thought there lots of companies who do custom gear round

Ren
xMplar

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
get the memphis S call slimline man so far i have listen to almost every slimline on market excepot the new alpine one and 2 x 12" of those badd boys is the loudest slimlines subs i have ever heard 1 of them in a 27L sealed box in a hatch on 1000 memphis pr amp doin 141db baby you should check them out my second choice is the rockford and pioneer mopdels but not always in that order
Ren
xMplar
I think the Memphis S-class is now street reference or something like that. I have two power bass shallow 12s and I auditioned them and the Memphis S-class at the same time, there was no difference in volume.

The Rockford P3S pancakes get pretty loud though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
nah the s class is now part of the memphis referenc range with the small foot print amps and cant say we have powerbass in oz its not unusual tho we dont get the less popular shoot off brands here only the big names and a very select few of the lesser knowns and here all i can say in the rite box 140-141 from a single 4ohm single 12" in a seald 27L box of 1000w power reference amp all from memphis and dman it was beating subs that should have dun at least 144-145 but it was the perfect box and powe combo and every s class i have heard since has pish on every other slimline i have heard me personally i dont mess with subs that small but in a space restricted car like here in oz we have the falcon and commadore utes which is a 2 seter with a big tray out back and a thumping 6L v8 engine they are the ducks nuts in them and well asl other utility trucks really if you can put a full size sub in go for a chronic 8" or a S calls but thats just my opinion
Ren
xMplar

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
nah the s class is now part of the memphis referenc range with the small foot print amps and cant say we have powerbass in oz its not unusual tho we dont get the less popular shoot off brands here only the big names and a very select few of the lesser knowns and here all i can say in the rite box 140-141 from a single 4ohm single 12" in a seald 27L box of 1000w power reference amp all from memphis and dman it was beating subs that should have dun at least 144-145 but it was the perfect box and powe combo and every s class i have heard since has pish on every other slimline i have heard me personally i dont mess with subs that small but in a space restricted car like here in oz we have the falcon and commadore utes which is a 2 seter with a big tray out back and a thumping 6L v8 engine they are the ducks nuts in them and well asl other utility trucks really if you can put a full size sub in go for a chronic 8" or a S calls but thats just my opinion
Ren
xMplar
Huh?!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts