DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any consideration ever been given to "sectioning" the classifieds? Woofers, mids, tweets, amps, etc. etc. etc.? I'd have probably bought something by now, but I dont have the patience to look through it all! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
We did that on this site before and the members hated it for some reason.
I don;t mind trying again, but it would take a lot of work to separate them out.

ANT

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ANT, thanks for jumpin' in.

"We did that on this site before and the members hated it for some reason."
Wow, really? Well, that is good enough for me, you would know!

"I don't mind trying again, but it would take a lot of work to separate them out."
Well, IF you wanted to try it again, I would just announce that the separated areas were now available for new posts. Old posts would just slowly eliminate themselves over time. Allow a one time double-post in the old + new areas for those items that are already posted (only).
IMHO, the idea would work best if the catagories were kept fairly broad.
Ex: Low-End/Bass, Mids, Tweets, Speaker Sets, Amps (with sub-sections if desired -- up to ya'), Processing, Building/Project Supplies, (maybe Cables/Wires), and of course Misc/Everything Else. Something straightforward like that.
I think that if you try to go into tube vs. solid state amps, textile vs. metal tweeters, etc...everyone gets frustrated and it fails.

Thank you for the opportunity to express my ideas. And thanks to the others as well!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Count me as anti-sectioning.

I don't think we have enough volume to do that, and the mega sell everything in your garage threads would have to be broken up into many no doubt crosslinked threads. I like browsing everything quickly as I can now. Just if some people could actually try to describe the item in the thread title...

·
5,219 Posts
I agree with rommel. There's not enough volume and breaking up a large FS thread makes to many extra threads.

One thing that could work would be a shopping helper. Like on eBay, when you click to narrow down the search results. To make this work a user that makes a thread would have a list of words they select that relate to their products.

Not sure if this is even doable, just an idea.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
There's something about having all the classifieds in one forum that I like. It's like the forum lives/breathes. Threads are flying around everywhere.. kinda gets you in the buying mood. :laugh:

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Count me as anti-sectioning.

I don't think we have enough volume to do that, and the mega sell everything in your garage threads would have to be broken up into many no doubt crosslinked threads. I like browsing everything quickly as I can now. Just if some people could actually try to describe the item in the thread title...
X2 with rommelrommel.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
X3, never had a problem the way it is. Then there are always some items that may fit in more than one category and you have to decide where your best chance of selling it lies. Keep it the way it is.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
We did that on this site before and the members hated it for some reason.
I don;t mind trying again, but it would take a lot of work to separate them out.

ANT
I would not like it, not the way he offers it. BUT i do vote some seperation could be done with little irritation. I propose 3 forums, you have

~section one
- Amp's, speakers, crossovers, decks

~section two
- misc audio gear, IE wire, termonals, connectors, so forth.

~ unrelated classafieds
phones, computers, or anything unrelated to car audio, this includes home audio setups in my idea, individual drivers can still be in the main section.

i think this seperates things ENOUGH but not getting to granular and annoying as he proposes, for one we woudln't have the flow in individual drivers to fill an entire section so you'd be seperating information that's not even over whelming. even as things are, im able to keep up with most sales that interest me, and it doesn't take allot of diligence and attention to do that either. this is just my proposed solution.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I like searching for hidden gems among the crap! If it were sectioned off, like CACO, I don't think I would have found some of the things I ended up purchasing. Leave the organized chaos alone I say....lol!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts