DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I seemed to get a wild hair up my bum and decided I was sick of driving around in my 20 year old Silverado and went ahead and bought a super low mile 2009 Sierra Denali. I made sure to get one with Bose and Nav so that I would leave well enough alone. Got home, put the old truck up for sale, yanked all its audio goodness and sold the truck. Then sold my Sinfonis and P99 and Mosconi Zero amps..... dumb ass. I had the foresight to hold onto the SI BM MK IVs as they are easily my favorite sub and are becoming impossible to get.
After a day with the new truck i decided it didnt sound terrible and maybe just slap the SIs in it and a JL HD750/1 and went ahead and bought the amp and ordered the box.
In the mean time I have found myself cursing at the deck non stop. Told my buddy and he showed me the newish Alpine thats specific for the truck. I played with it, loved it, had to have it so I ordered one.
Got home and thought, may as well do speakers too.....oh and an amp.... so here it is at midnight and I am calling up my friend and asking him for prices on more AD speakers. LMAO!
That also ment I needed more sound material so I called up Don at SDS and had some tiles and MLV sent out.

So yeah, figured just buy a cheap amp and call it a day. Several grand latter and I did it again. *bangs head on desk*

I am so desperately trying to keep this simple. I know tons will chime in with going active and a big DSP and all but trust me, I have another install happening right now that is about the most complicated I ever seen. Talking factory digital intercept, 12 active channels, 5 big ass amps and a dozen speakers. lol
This I want simple. Minimal DSP thats built into the deck, passive front and rear with a nice small easy to hide 5 channel amp. So here is the build, all is in but the amp and sub box (custom built with OEM carpet).

Alpine X009-GM deck
Arc XDi 1200.6
AD W600 6.5" with AD T100 tweeters
AD ADCX 6.5" Co-axials
SI BM MK IV 12" subwoofers

And this is the vehicle:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not have two-way front active control so I would have to add an outboard DSP and then a two channel amp for the tweeters.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But is one bad ass looking deck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm becoming convinced there ain't no such thing as a budget system here.

Maybe we should start a 12 step program & support group, and admit we have the same problem. Then, with counseling and self control, we can get the cheap speakers from Wal-mart.

And plug them into a wall socket to WATCH IT BURN...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^LMAO!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Why not go active using the crossover in whatever amp you get? While not perfect it has to be better than running passive right? Run your rear fill off of deck power.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not go active using the crossover in whatever amp you get? While not perfect it has to be better than running passive right? Run your rear fill off of deck power.
Because I dont want to. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All KnuKoncepts Krystal RCAs and ultra wires. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amp arrived today. I have to say I was quite shocked just how tiny it is. It looks fantastic though and could be used as a weapon but its just so small.

And I smoke the short 72 ciggs so you can see just how small this thing is. I think I may get another one and run active........

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bad, missed his message. Yes, Audio Development. I run some of their other series in my Audi and they sound fantastic.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts