DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
So how do you like the GMC? I just uninstalled my system from my Silverado SS so I can sell it. I'm in the market for a newer truck. The rust on my Silverado has me bitter. Had to have the brake lines all replaced and the right rear quarter panel repaired. I'm moving on before the left rear quarter pops out. I am torn between the newer Sierra All terrain or Denali or a Tundra. I heard the Sierra's had some tranny issues.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Newer ones have trans issues. The 07-2011 not so much. As far as the truck goes I am in love with it. The Denali is the way to go as the 6.2 V8 has some serious kick. Truck rides spectacular, has AC seats and heated steering wheel, handles great and is just a solid vehicle. I am very happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
939 Posts
It must be the newer 6-spd tranny's that are crap. How's the gas mileage on yours. Does it have the switchable 4WD like the newer ones. My SS had the same drivetrain as the Denali of 2003. 6.0L with full time AWD. Gets about 13 city/16 hwy. Pulling my camper it gets 8. Ouch!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would love to get one of those Alpine decks for my 2016 Ram but I darn near choked on the $2800 price tag. Sweet units but oh so expensive. I'm sure you'll love it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It must be the newer 6-spd tranny's that are crap. How's the gas mileage on yours. Does it have the switchable 4WD like the newer ones. My SS had the same drivetrain as the Denali of 2003. 6.0L with full time AWD. Gets about 13 city/16 hwy. Pulling my camper it gets 8. Ouch!
Mine is a 2WD. AWD would have run me 10k more. Truck was an amazing deal which is why I bought it. Doing 85ish it gets 17.9MPG and normal driving I see about 14 in town. If I do the speed limit it will get almost 20MPG.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ghost trailering yo whip?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Contact Jerry (Niebur3) and he can get you set up. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
And it all starts today. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thats pretty much how you do it in these.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sound dampening is in all the doors as well as the MLV. Decided to go ahead and do the floor and rear fire wall as well considering the DRASTIC change in how the doors sound.
I gotta give props to my installers Everette and Matt the owners of Crow Concepts here in Waco Texas. The wires so far look excellent and Everette got clever and used removable push pins for the MLV on the doors for easy service (this gen truck is known for eating lock actuators and window motors). Got the door cards deadened as well.
Power wire will run through the truck. He showed me how hes running it and how there is a perfect wire channel for 4awg wire. Should look stock when done. The man also knows me well as he is mounting the passive crossovers by the amp on the amp rack so that if I decide to go active its a simple swap with plenty of room for a second 1200.6 :)

So here are some teasers:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Did you seal up the front doors? I can't decide if I wanna use my deadner to seal up the doors or spend the time cutting out metal or some kinda plastic to seal up a decent hole.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

21 - 40 of 117 Posts