DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So just to keep the trucks build updated, its gone through some modifications. I pulled the Arc XDi amps (nice amps but not really what I wanted) and replaced them with a Helix G One and G Four. Amazing amps for the price. Very transparent and have to be way under-rated as they are much louder and cleaner than the Arc amps. Also sold the BM MK IV subs and am installing the MK Vs. Still waiting for the TM65IIIs but as soon as they are out I will be replacing the IIs. Everything else is still the same.

I am saddened to know thats my last vehicle with SDS sound dampening since he closed shop. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
So just to keep the trucks build updated, its gone through some modifications. I pulled the Arc XDi amps (nice amps but not really what I wanted) and replaced them with a Helix G One and G Four. Amazing amps for the price. Very transparent and have to be way under-rated as they are much louder and cleaner than the Arc amps. Also sold the BM MK IV subs and am installing the MK Vs. Still waiting for the TM65IIIs but as soon as they are out I will be replacing the IIs. Everything else is still the same.

I am saddened to know thats my last vehicle with SDS sound dampening since he closed shop. :(
So with those new amps how much power are you going to be running to the TM65III's and the two MKV's.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
My audio prayers have been answered at long last! I have spent so much time and money over the last several years looking for that perfect sound I once had from a tweeter. I had resigned myself to the fact that the only way I was gonna get that sound signature again was to drop $1200+ on some Focal Utopia Be tweeters and they STILL are not quite there. Real close but not exact. After 10 years of searching I have finally located a set or Infinity Kappa EMIT-N S2 ribbon tweeters. IMHO they are the most crisp and sweetest sounding tweeters ever made. Even better he has a few so I am gonna buy them all so I have spares and may throw a set in the other car too. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
So with those new amps how much power are you going to be running to the TM65III's and the two MKV's.
The subs are seeing 800ish (to both) and the TMs are seeing 150 per channel.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well one good mod deserves 3 others.......
Decided I need to go 3 way with these tweeters so I just ordered some AD MM4 mids and Vipera F6 mid bass drivers. I am also doing a sub change. Also gotta buy a 3rd amp. lol

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Well one good mod deserves a few more so add this to the order today.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
More goodness arrived...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
But its all so pretty!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks Ben. You have been a major help along the way. You have shared some excellent knowledge and seeing as how we have similar tastes, I think these will be delicious. :)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Shoot Bill I’m just loving what you’re willing to do to have what you enjoy as opposed to how others perceive audio lol.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Install is almost done so I should be able to play with the DSP soon. :)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Darn Bill I must have missed this as I thought you were still gathering parts lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

101 - 117 of 117 Posts