DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the $1k+ McIntosh HUs, what other company makes a classy/old looking HU? I can not justify the cost of the McIntosh at this time but I dig the look. Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Nakamichi CD400 is a pretty simple look - and could pass as OEM if you have factory amber lighting. I think they are discontinued now anyway and their price has always been prohibitively high for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have found the Denon, the NAK, as well as the Rockford RFX 8250, The Denon in black is nice, the silver look will not work with the tan leather and wood dash. Same with the Rockford RFX 8250 and I am not feeling the NAK. I may just need to pony up for a McIntosh. Do they make a 6-disk inface of is that just old tech now with all of the digi/Ipod stuff? I don't keep up with the "Newest, greatest thing" anymore.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Are you selling that or stock piling?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you selling that or stock piling?
Honestly, I haven't decided yet. I want to run it, but I feel like my gear isn't worthy. Lol. Trying to put together a front stage that deserves a Mac HU, but not sure if I am prepared to spend that money. Don't want to thread jack, but OP (or you) can PM with an offer if interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As we are talking about classy head units how does the denon dct-a100 perform against the headunits mentioned in this thread?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sound Monitor DTA 500x and CDT 500x
Denon DCT1 or DCT Z1
Alpine 7909
Please forgive the newb question, but some of these SQ units (like the Denon DCT Z1) have what appear to be RCA plugs running out the back, I am guessing they are not RCAs but a higher end connector. Is this correct?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts