DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
981 - 1,000 of 2,042 Posts
Many units have a mechanical force-eject button buried somewhere in there. I would say most models, but I haven't checked enough of them to be sure. You usually need a pin or some other small poker to push the button. Other methods of getting the CD out would possibly require disassembly or pulling with tweezers, depending how the disc is retained.

Many units have a mechanical force-eject button buried somewhere in there. I would say most models, but I haven't checked enough of them to be sure. You usually need a pin or some other small poker to push the button. Other methods of getting the CD out would possibly require disassembly or pulling with tweezers, depending how the disc is retained.
I am going to give it a once-over and look for the mechanical eject. does it need to be powered, or will it simply release the CD to let it slide out? I am unfamiliar with this mechanism.

I could pour some ipecac in there and see if that works.

Usually pushing the button releases the CD and moves it out just far enough for you to grab the edge. All I know is that some CD players have them, and I've occasionally seen them mentioned in owner's manuals. Seems like they are often accessible from the front. Same concept as a force-eject on a floppy disk drive (damn, saying that makes me feel old...) or slot-loading CD-ROM drive.

Edit, I skimmed your manual and I kind of doubt you have a force-eject. I'm starting to think they are a bit less common than I remember, it's been so long since I had a stuck disc. I know Clarions and Alpines are prone to breaking when shipped with the disc in, come to think of it I'm not sure about Pioneers.

Discussion starter · #984 ·
Glad to see the giving is still going on despite the recent trials and tribulations! :) I ended up dragging my boxes of gear to the new house since the guy who was supposed to pick it up wasn't able to so as soon as I have time to sort it out I'll be giving it away.

BTW, if you need to ship a headunit with the CD in it you might try wrapping the chassis itself in LOTS of bubble wrap so that the internals don't get jarred too much in transit. I always do this when shipping headunits and have never had a problem even when I forgot to remove the CD. :D

Glad to see the giving is still going on despite the recent trials and tribulations! :) I ended up dragging my boxes of gear to the new house since the guy who was supposed to pick it up wasn't able to so as soon as I have time to sort it out I'll be giving it away.

BTW, if you need to ship a headunit with the CD in it you might try wrapping the chassis itself in LOTS of bubble wrap so that the internals don't get jarred too much in transit. I always do this when shipping headunits and have never had a problem even when I forgot to remove the CD. :D
thanks. I am going to bubble wrap it either way. I work for a flourescent light manufacturer, so our packing room is FULL of bubble wrap.

Added to

Stinger HPM speaker wires
3ft length - 2 x 12ga, 1 x 14ga (twist)
5ft length - 1 x 10ga (twist)
(2) Stinger 10ga boots to make the ends look good.
8ft+ length - 2 x 12ga, 1x14ga (twist)
Stinger 4ga pwr/10ga spk wire tie down, plastic
Multiple lengths of Monster Cable Speaker (Original, older, found in a box - Good for sub connections)

FLAT $15.00 TO SHIP

Scosche TA1465B dash kit (Perfect for 07-08 Toyota 4Runner with RDS E7008 DD replacement or Certain Scions)

FLAT $3.00 TO SHIP

Multiple lengths of Monster Cable Speaker (Original, older, found in a box - Good for sub connections)

FLAT $15.00 TO SHIP

if no one has claimed this i'll take it

FLAT $15.00 TO SHIP

if no one has claimed this i'll take it
Yours for the taking.. PM Sent.

I wil take the dash kit if you still have it. PM me with paypal.

Scosche TA1465B dash kit (Perfect for 07-08 Toyota 4Runner with RDS E7008 DD replacement or Certain Scions)

FLAT $3.00 TO SHIP

I've got some old Orion passive crossovers that I dug out for a WTB thread only to be ignored... so here they are for someone who will appreciate them. Allan74 is an arrogant oaf

Will fit in $10.70 flat rate box. Make it $12 that should cover tracking and paypal fees on the $12. They may even fit in a small flat rate. If $12 is too much I can check this evening to see if they fit the $5 flat rater. I'm easy to work with.

Specs:

The Orion Connection
CSX-T12 Woofer Module
Minimum phase passive crossover
Computer matched to
Orion 10" & 12" 2 ohm woofers with Zobel impedance correction.
18 db / octave acoustic response

Pics:

One thing that might help here..

If you have a fedex.com or ups.com account (I use fedex simply because they are cheaper) You can actually email a return label to the person shipping out the item.
They simply need to give you their addy, email address, box dimensions and weight.
Works like a charm and no hassel with paypal, shipping costs or any BS..

This is good for larger or heavy items.. If what you have will fit in a USPS
flat rate small box, then go there, otherwise, this is a good alternative
and the whole shipping cost/paypal.com thing is avoided.. Everyone is happy.

Just a thought.

Discussion starter · #996 ·
One thing that might help here..

If you have a fedex.com or ups.com account (I use fedex simply because they are cheaper) You can actually email a return label to the person shipping out the item.
They simply need to give you their addy, email address, box dimensions and weight.
Works like a charm and no hassel with paypal, shipping costs or any BS..

This is good for larger or heavy items.. If what you have will fit in a USPS
flat rate small box, then go there, otherwise, this is a good alternative
and the whole shipping cost/paypal.com thing is avoided.. Everyone is happy.

Just a thought.
Excellent idea! :D

Been through several pages now and haven't found what I need yet.
So, does anyone have any extra 4" speaker grilles laying around? If they have some sort of a metal trim ring mount even better. PM me if you do.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

981 - 1,000 of 2,042 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.