DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
2 Canton HiFi Products passive subwoofer crossovers, retrieved from a home theater subwoofer. Rated 70 watts RMS per channel and 100 watts program - but note that this may have been limited by the original subwoofer's voicecoil.

Cover packaging, shipping, and PayPal fees to the lower 48 - $18 should cover it - and the crossovers are free. Edit: local pickup in Northern VA - 20164 also fine. Inquire if you need long-distance shipping.

Details:

Can be used with two amplifier channels and a high efficiency DVC subwoofer, or with two small front subs. Made in West Germany so 30+ years old. Specified crossover point 120 Hz and 4 ohm impedance per channel. Claims can be used with 4 ohm or 8 ohm satellite speakers, but high pass XO point will vary based on satellite impedance. Note, HPF and LPF XO points have shifted due to age of capacitors.

You could use these as-is but presently the response curve is pretty peaky due to the aged caps - assume that all need to be replaced, or simply salvage other non-wear components for reuse. Original capacitance values unknown - it may be noted on the caps but I couldn't decipher it - some research or calculations required depending on desired XO point. Similarly, inductance will need to be measured for the two coils. Should go to someone with soldering skills and at least moderate technical knowledge or learning ability on modifying passive XOs.

Includes - 2 crossovers
2 cork washers*
2 pressed paper/felt washers**
2 brass nuts***

* used under the XO to isolate from vibration
** used on top of the XO as pictured to stabilize the main coil
*** used with a bolt or threaded rod through the center of the main coil.

(Piece of wood and original enclosure not included)

Original label pictured for ratings only:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Still available. Going in the bin if not claimed by this weekend.

2 Canton HiFi Products passive subwoofer crossovers, retrieved from a home theater subwoofer. Rated 70 watts RMS per channel and 100 watts program - but note that this may have been limited by the original subwoofer's voicecoil.

Cover packaging, shipping, and PayPal fees to the lower 48 - $18 should cover it - and the crossovers are free. Edit: local pickup in Northern VA - 20164 also fine. Inquire if you need long-distance shipping.

Details:

Can be used with two amplifier channels and a high efficiency DVC subwoofer, or with two small front subs. Made in West Germany so 30+ years old. Specified crossover point 120 Hz and 4 ohm impedance per channel. Claims can be used with 4 ohm or 8 ohm satellite speakers, but high pass XO point will vary based on satellite impedance. Note, HPF and LPF XO points have shifted due to age of capacitors.

You could use these as-is but presently the response curve is pretty peaky due to the aged caps - assume that all need to be replaced, or simply salvage other non-wear components for reuse. Original capacitance values unknown - it may be noted on the caps but I couldn't decipher it - some research or calculations required depending on desired XO point. Similarly, inductance will need to be measured for the two coils. Should go to someone with soldering skills and at least moderate technical knowledge or learning ability on modifying passive XOs.

Includes - 2 crossovers
2 cork washers*
2 pressed paper/felt washers**
2 brass nuts***

* used under the XO to isolate from vibration
** used on top of the XO as pictured to stabilize the main coil
*** used with a bolt or threaded rod through the center of the main coil.

(Piece of wood and original enclosure not included)

Original label pictured for ratings only:

·
Registered
2005 mustang, v6
505 Posts

·
Registered
2005 mustang, v6
505 Posts
Stupid question considering the content of this whole forum, but does anyone have one of these laying around? Got an old sony mhc-gx355 and while i ponder how to hardwire in a bluetooth receiver from a crappy set of arcade speakers i messed with the sony's speakers and actually made my buddy into an sq/sql guy. Just need one more so i can do the other speaker and the ONE guy on ebay wants original retail price for his

White Camera accessory Bag Eyewear Gadget

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts