DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
That's awesome! I bet the neighbors hate him lol.

I don't know how far you live from New Orleans but living there as a kid I remember the founder of Popeyes always did a big light show, does that still go on?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Isnt that they same guy who has been doing wild light shows for the past few years on youtube? I always see them around xmas. It is awesome. He needs to do a good old school Metallica or Iron Maiden song for Halloween, That would be tits!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
lets put a dollar amount on it, including time to set up and take down,

1. lights and electronics = $ 1200 ??

2. time = 20 hours to set up, 20 to take down = 40 hours @ ?? per hour = $$

id rather spend the money on a vacation/new subs/amps, tv, car?

·
Registered
316 Posts

Take down? Fuck that, shit stays up! Redneckin yo!

·
Administrator
2,486 Posts

I would be willing to bet that the guy wishes that's all it cost and that it only took 40 hours to do. I think you're thinking WAY too small. That took a tremendous amount of work and money to pull that off.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would be willing to bet that the guy wishes that's all it cost and that it only took 40 hours to do. I think you're thinking WAY too small. That took a tremendous amount of work and money to pull that off.
Yeah, prolly the programming alone took 40 hours or more. Esp. getting the faces to sync up with the guys like that. That takes some time to do.

·
Registered
680 Posts

Judging from the house, I don't think he's really too worried about the money. And perhaps he just enjoys it. He would likely say that spending $400 on a set of drivers is a waste.

I kinda figured the person likely owned or worked for a company that did something along these lines. It's also possible they're just a giant geek and really enjoy doing it for fun.

All the same, it's really cool, and I'm sure it took a TON of work to do.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Judging from the house, I don't think he's really too worried about the money. And perhaps he just enjoys it. He would likely say that spending $400 on a set of drivers is a waste.

I kinda figured the person likely owned or worked for a company that did something along these lines. It's also possible they're just a giant geek and really enjoy doing it for fun.

All the same, it's really cool, and I'm sure it took a TON of work to do.
If you read the video credits it says something about lighting company. I wouldn't be suprised if this guy is the companies owner.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be how your giant IQ is hurting your head....BWAHAHAHAHA....carry on...

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
He's going to need his IQ to program the multiple light controllers to pulse the lights to the beat of the music. He'll only need 72 16 channel controllers to do what is in the video. Should be a piece of cake to program!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts