DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
We're talking about the science of cables. None of that stuff matters in a double blind A/B/X test. We already know that there are plenty of people who buy into the snake oil and hype of high end cables and other useless tweaks and no amount of scientific data will change their minds.
Yes, we are talking about the science. Thing is, EEs tend to forget that there's more than one discipline.

Perception has more to do with what a scope says, as has been established ad infinitum. To ignore it makes your scope of knowledge and experience seem smaller than it probably really is.

·
2,502 Posts
From the first post
Q. Do all cables ... THAT MEASURE THE SAME ... sound the same?
A. No known reason to believe otherwise :) If you wish to disprove the hypothesis, though, you must of course establish an experiment where all other possible variables are eliminated.
If you can show me an experiment where two cables that measure the same sound different I would love to see it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The problem is, with musical reproduction, there is far more going on in the ear/brain connection that simple electrical theory. This is where EEs get confused to the point where they think understanding one element is to understand all.

I'll repeat this until it gets through.
You can repeat it all you want, it doesn't mean that is has content. We are discussing the accurate transmission of a signal over a wire, ears have nothing to do with it. If you are saying that wires some how impart a change to a signal, and that's good, well.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
It really hasn't been proven, because the people that pose the tests really have little to no experience with anything other than their test samples and subjects.

*Wrong. It has been proven over and over. Whether you choose to ignore this fact or not is up to you, but it is still a fact.

You people still think this? This myth has been zapped for years. It's still clung to because there hasn't been a sanctioned white paper to prove otherwise, but oh yes, it's done.

*Why, because you claim so? Would you like to back that up with something? Or is your claim supposed to be 'proof'?
quoted

161 - 168 of 168 Posts