DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recieved a package of alpha damp. a standard pack of 20 sheets, i got it on the ciber monday deal. it seems that the package seemed extremley small to me..i expected much more than ir ecieved. it does appear their are more sheets than i thought but they seem thin, i'm concearned i got the wrong stuff. it's listed on the box at .060" thick. i only see the thickness of the foil on the site, i tried calling it seems i got home just a little to late you guys were out, if naybody can answer me though it'd be appriciated. just making sure here, not acusing. it just feels a little thin and i'm concearned because it looks much thicker in the image. granted im sure its a glammer shot, it still seems extremley thin still. barley thicker than the standard stuff i'm used to.

you know what im dumb, its listed right above the foil thickness. still, seems a little thin. is their something else special about thsi stuff i'm not seeing, don't get me wrong it feels like quality stuff, but..i feel a little misslead on the thickness to be honest. just feedback, take it for what it is.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
AlphaDamp comes in with an average thickness of 60 mils which is 60/1000 inch

The foil is 10 mils thick leaving 50 mils of butly.

Each sheet is 14.4" x 10" making it 1 square foot.

Please remeber that with CLD mats, the foil accounts for the majority of the work. How thick they buyl it plays a very small roll. The product you have in your hands has the thickest foil in the industry. Nothing comes close.

ANT

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I thought the same thing when I got my Alpha Damp, especially since my package said "Damplifier Pro".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heh. I sort of had the same reaction. Partially because of the nested boxes, and I think it's just the image makes it look like it's .5" thick. :) Looking forward to installing.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well i'm glad theirs some contanuity in the reactions. i think this is great feedback for second skin marketing, its clarley got an issue, the product is A+ but the marketing just makes it feel so C in real life when compared to what its hyped up as :p

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah the macro shot of Alpha does make it seem like it's super thick.

I'll definitely make a note of this and see if we can't address it and put up a different, clearer, picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts