DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

The top 20 NEW School power amps

3K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  guitarsail 
#1 ·
What are the top 20 Straight out Power amps, which gives you power, power and more Power ? None of that fancy built in Eq. BS. Just Power. Not 6 led's, Just Two led's and Power. No stupid designs just POWER.

Please when considering Please use the check list below.

Does it make Pure Clean Power without clipping?

Price?

Can you actually buy it at a local store or online?

No fancy pansy BS we are talking bout MAN AMPS that eat batteries and melt 0 gauge wire!

#19 ·
The problem here is that the lack of endless threads such as this one and any other this vs. that, which is the best ever, ect. is exactly what once made this site great. And why many of us have made it our homes.

Im sure the others feel the same as me, we are seeing this site turn into what we where trying to get away from.

If this is what you find entertaining you will be better received somewhere else.

#20 ·
Point taken. But you are missing mine.

My problem is not really with being OT or bashing. It's with the general attitude that some members display. That certain topics and posters are beneath you.

Again, we get it, you're cooler than that. But why must you go out of your way to ruin it for others?

In my short time visitng this site, I've read more posts with replies saying, "use the search" or "that's stupid" than I have actually trying to get folks on the right track in a constructive way.

If you're too annoyed with them to be constructive, fine. Just back off.

And don't get me wrong: I get annoyed by guys who act like tools and do stupid crap with their systems. But I've only been coming here for a couple of weeks and almost every new post has been savaged by you guys. Apparently the only people allowed to start new threads are the inner circle of "cool kids".

My apologies to the OP for commenting at all, much less getting out of hand. It's just frustrating to know that there's an 80% chance anything I post is going to be met with this crappy attitude. But, clearly, you guys are in control here, so I'll go sit in my corner and shut up. I guess I should be on my knees thanking you that you share your fountain of wisdom with the rest of us.

#25 ·
My problem is not really with being OT or bashing. It's with the general attitude that some members display. That certain topics and posters are beneath you.
See this explanation for why many people are that way.

The problem here is that the lack of endless threads such as this one and any other this vs. that, which is the best ever, ect. is exactly what once made this site great. And why many of us have made it our homes.

In my short time visitng this site, I've read more posts with replies saying, "use the search" or "that's stupid" than I have actually trying to get folks on the right track in a constructive way.
Once you've been here a little longer you will understand the jadedness a little better.

The constructive help is here and it's plentiful, you just have to wade through the BS, which is another reason that people get frustrated with threads like this one. It interferes with the good knowledge that many poeple need to be learning and not posting about a list of amps.

My apologies to the OP for commenting at all, much less getting out of hand. It's just frustrating to know that there's an 80% chance anything I post is going to be met with this crappy attitude. But, clearly, you guys are in control here, so I'll go sit in my corner and shut up. I guess I should be on my knees thanking you that you share your fountain of wisdom with the rest of us.
No need to back off. If you have a legimate question that you cannot find the answer to by researching then someone will help you. People just get VERY tired of the "which amp" or "which sub" questions.

#23 ·
I also get where you are coming from. the problem with ignoring these threads is the people that would still respond usually dont have much more knowledge than the OP. Therefore a lot of misinformation gets spread around as it does on other sites.

I understand that you may see this as being harsh but the members here that actually do care about the quality of what is being said are the very ones bashing in this thread. they are just getting frustrated trying to answer some meaningless question and then be contradicted by others that have no idea what they are talking about.

Most of these questions have been asked and answered thoroughly in past threads where debates have taken place and factual information has been presented. That is why the search button is stressed.

There is WAY more information on almost any relevant topic on this site than can be fit into any one thread =>SEARCH :D

#26 ·
#30 ·
Not only that but 8-ohm speakers must sound mighty nice with all that headroom those amps would give. OMG, those would be awesome cost-no-object amplifiers. IMO, those are the ONLY kind of amps worth stepping up to if you're going to be splurging with the credit card or savings account. :sweatdrop::heart: :bigcry:

#38 ·
There is no 'best' for everyone. Each person and install is different. that is why you have to be able to make an informed decision for yourself. There is no way anybody can tell you what will work best for you. They can give you guidance but not make your decision for you.

Also the "you should have searched first" forum would be a good place for many to start

#42 ·
Oh...you said you want to melt down some 1/0 gauge, so I'm just following that request. It takes a bit to do it. :p

Anyway,

4ch:
Zapco REF 1000.4 - 150x4ish
JL Audio HD600/4 - 150x4ish
PDX4.150 - 150x4ish
Kicker SX900.4 - 225x4ish
This list could be infinite, damn near.

mono:
MTX TA92001 - about 3000W into 1ohm,
Cadence ZRS - about 2000W into 1ohm, underrated
US Amps Merlin 3D, about 2000W into 1ohm, heavily underrated
Cadence Daytona - 2500W into 1ohm, runs only ~$500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.